Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Newbie in Illinois

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Getting Started
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thewellmans06
User

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:30 pm    Post subject: Newbie in Illinois Reply with quote

Hello! I am a soon to be SAHM besides going to school full time for my BA. My husband and I have decided next fall to homeschool our son who will be in the 4th grade. We've had enough with the public school system, that's for sure! In nine weeks we are expecting number two (a little girl)

Anyway, I was just seeing if there are any other homeschool parents from Illinois here. I'm just getting started and it's a little nerve racking--I know it will be fine when we get started but just wondering what the school's reaction will be when I hand them the formal letter---lovely!
KarenH
User

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im from IL and will be HS are Daughter who will be in 5th grade! It's exciting and nrevewracking at the same time!

my email:

hitchen.karen@gmail.com

Smile
thewellmans06
User

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing your info! our email is thewellmans06@hotmail.com It's a big step but I'm so happy we are doing so! Right now I'm trying to work out a letter for the school system about pulling him out. We have decided to have him stay to finish the year just because we aren't completely ready yet--but I cannot wait till that day comes!
KarenH
User

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Us too. If you go to ICHE www.iche.org they have sample withdrawl letters
KarenH
User

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

have you decided on a method of teaching/curriculum yet?

I have been researching curriculum for 2 weeks now....it's a bit overwhelming.....Im trying to keep to the scope and sequence of 5th grade just making some changes here and there to fit DD interests.
thewellmans06
User

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much for that website! That's awesome! I had a few saved but there is so much info on there! Thank YOU!!

We've been searching for the last week but haven't decided on what we want just yet. There are SO many options out there.

Have you decided on anything? I've sent out emails to many of my friends who homeschool here in Illinois as well, but so many of them have kids younger than our son, so it didnt' do much in our decision making Smile I agree though, I know we will be working a little extra on reading (my son has always needed a little extra boost there.) I'm hoping to make it fun and exciting I remember sitting in class for so long being so bored out of my mind---and yet learning so much more on my own at home--
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Getting Started All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: