Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My experience homeschooling - 1st post

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Guestbook
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stetson
User

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:22 am    Post subject: My experience homeschooling - 1st post Reply with quote

My name is Stetson. I am 21 years old. I was homeschooled all my life with the exception of going to Challenger Preschool. I learned to read at age 3 or 4. I've been playing chess since I was about 5. I still go to chess tournaments. My homeschool experience was very enjoyable. I was in all kinds of extra curricular activities. I played the piano; my favorite song to play is Jon Schmidt Waterfall. I was part of a clogging team and I sold candles to help pay for it. I learned a lot from Boy Scouts of America. I sold 1005 Scout-O-Rama tickets and took second place in the council for ticket sales when I was a cub (first place sold 1023. I earned my Eagle Scout Award at age 12. I attended the national boy scout jamboree in 2001. I mowed laws and sold Trails End popcorn to help pay for it.

In high school I main streamed in public school. I always got A's It was nice to meet people and make new friends, but I didn't feel like I learned as much or as fast as I could at home. I got my GED and I got a good job for a credit card company at age 17. I really enjoyed selling Identity Theft Protection. I've been a salesman most of my life, ever since I sold all those Scout-O-Rama tickets.

I have 3 siblings and they are all homeschooled as well. My sister got her GED at age 16 and got her associates degree from LDS business college two years later. She plans to go to BYU Idaho. My two brothers are age 6 and 11. They choir practice and used to do clogging as well. My 6 year old brother is learning to read right now and doing great. He's a genius! He amazes me most of the time. He is the kindergarten chess champion of the state!

Overall I really enjoyed my homeschool experience. I went at my own pace which was fast at sometimes and slow at others. I learned a lot and still learn something new every day. I think that the main advantage to have been being homeschooled is that I have learned to teach myself in many ways. I am a quick learner and I can take in a lot of information quickly. I have a great memory. Haha, Ginko Biloba helps with that. Laughing If I could go back in time I wouldn't change my homeschool experience in any way. It was great.
RaysHomeschool
User

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your quick story! I am homeschooling my children now and I hope that they appreciate it when they are adults as much as you do!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Guestbook All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: