Cortona Academy / private schooling?

Having problems figuring out where to start? Let other homeschoolers offer you some advice!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

marhtaE
User

Cortona Academy / private schooling?

Postby marhtaE » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:42 pm

I wanted to homeschool my 15 year old daughter, but I do not have the education. so I found homeschooling the name is Cortona Academy in Herndon, VA. They have about 50 kids and 20 teachers. I wanted to know if anybody out there knows anything about this school to tell me if it is the wright move. They charge 27,000.00.
Martha, in Virginia

Theodore

Postby Theodore » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:03 am

$27K for high school? No way. You'll be much better off saving the money, having her study at home and take community college courses for anything she may need help with. The courses will probably cost around $300 each (plus books). Follow that up with standardized tests (AP, CLEP) and she'll get into college just fine.

homeschooler123
User

Postby homeschooler123 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:29 pm

I agree with the above comment. There is absolutely no reason to spend that kind of money. I should know, I just graduated with student loans in the worst job market in U.S. history and my word of advice would be to start off with the home school and have her start taking community college courses on things that she struggles with and she will have no problem being accepted into a college or university.

Return to “Getting Started”