Home Schooling in Ohio ONLY

Having problems figuring out where to start? Let other homeschoolers offer you some advice!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

mousmom
User

Home Schooling in Ohio ONLY

Postby mousmom » Tue Jan 17, 2006 7:18 am

http://www.tdaonline.org/

THis is free as long as you live in Ohio. They send you your computer and all the curriculum is right there on the computer. Wish I still lived in Ohio : ( Debbie check it out! My neice had the same problem and she is now Home Schooling with this.

Megg

Theodore

Is this a state-run service?

Postby Theodore » Tue Jan 17, 2006 4:59 pm

Is this a state-run service? Are students who use it officially enrolled in the public school system? Or is it privately run and funded?

mousmom
User

Theodore Answer to your Question here.

Postby mousmom » Fri Jan 20, 2006 9:10 am

Check the site out. Listed at bottom of page.

TDA is operated by educators. Our administrative staff consists predominantly of educators, and our teaching staff is 100% certified in the subjects they teach – not every online school can say the same. Our commitment is to the growth of every individual student enrolled in TRECA Digital Academy, to allowing students to discover their true potential, to find their own unique gifts as individuals, at their own pace.
Tri-Rivers Educational Computer Association (TRECA) is a nonprofit Data Acquisition (DA) Site providing services to a consortium of over 40 Ohio School Districts located primarily in Delaware, Knox, Marion, Morrow, Muskingum, and Wyandot counties.

TRECA Digital Academy (TDA) is the online learning extension of the TRECA mission and organization. Rather than being a competitor to traditional schools, TRECA Digital Academy offers school districts in Ohio the opportunity to provide meaningful educational choices to all students.

http://www.tdaonline.org/index.html

Theodore

Where's the funding coming from?

Postby Theodore » Sun Jan 22, 2006 4:35 pm

Yes, I read all that on the site, but what I want to know is, does TDA run the public school system, or does the public school system run TDA, or are the two independent but both funded by the state? How much choice do you have over what curriculum is used? Is everyone enrolled in TDA guaranteed to be left alone by the public school system?

Basically, where's the funding coming from?

Return to “Getting Started”