Homeschooling mostly Christian?

Share everyday things like field trips, homeschooling experiences, or just anything that doesn't seem to belong elsewhere!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

maherwoman
User

Homeschooling mostly Christian?

Postby maherwoman » Wed Oct 18, 2006 4:44 pm

Hey guys!

Though I hold many (if not most) of Christianity's beliefs, I don't consider myself exclusively a Christian (thought I was one for most of my life). I have found in my searching for various forums that most people that are homeschooling are Christians. Is this an accurate find?

Are there any people on the site that aren't Christians, at least in the strictest sense?

Are most of the people on this site Christians? Would you be offended, in general, if I asked for projects about Halloween, etc.?

I really don't want to step on anyone's toes, and I'm sorry if my questions offend anyone...that's the last thing I intend. I'm merely curious. :)

Thanks for the open minds, and free conversation on the subject! :)
Rosie*

momo3boys
User

Postby momo3boys » Wed Oct 18, 2006 6:21 pm

If you read some more in the forum you will see that we are from all walks of life, some hold reigious views and some don't. Some homeschool because of them and some have other reasons. I have a homeschool group, that has two Christian families, two non-christian families and one lesbian couple. WE all work together and build on our commonalities instead of our differences. I think that you will find that is true with most people on this site. We are not offended by other's beliefs as long as you don't try to change us. We are all different, that is what makes living on this earth interesting.
Phi 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

Theodore

Postby Theodore » Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:52 pm

While there are a lot of Christian homeschoolers (possibly a majority), there are also Hindu, Muslim, atheist, pagan, etc. homeschoolers. Even among Christians, you see a number of different sects of Protestant and Catholic represented.

maherwoman
User

Postby maherwoman » Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:45 am

Okay, great! I just wanted to be sure my questions or ideas wouldn't be offending as far as asking for Halloween ideas and such. :)

I would never push my own religion on anybody, so no worries! :)
Rosie*

Mark

Postby Mark » Mon Oct 23, 2006 7:50 am

Josh
User

Postby Josh » Tue Oct 24, 2006 5:16 pm

I would say its mostly/largely a christian movement but not entirely the other day I actually found a book on pagan home schooling at the library!
War is God's way of teaching Americans geography. -Bierce

dragonfly183
User

Postby dragonfly183 » Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:26 pm

Mark

Postby Mark » Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:44 am

yeppers,

Homeschooling is for all who can, whatever spiritual path they follow.

FLMom
User

Postby FLMom » Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:21 am

/raises hand

We are not Christian, but we teach our children basics of all religion so they will have a better foundation to build upon for if/when they choose to act upon it.

I have encountered more Christian than non Christian homeschoolers; but in reality, I've generally encountered more Christian people than non. I think it just follows typical demographics.

minniemouse24
User

Postby minniemouse24 » Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:27 am

I am jewish,and may be starting getting homeschooled next year.For Halloween,Maybe assign to a 1 page report on the history of Halloween.Or maybe write a prompt on what you like about Halloween?

Lol srry if those are horrible,it's 1:30 AM and im not thinking the way I would at Noon.lol:)
peace.love.happiness

Theodore

Postby Theodore » Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:59 am

Halloween was originally a pagan holiday, so I'm not sure what benefit you can get out of a report on its history. Personally, I just view it as a night to dress up in imaginative outfits and collect candy, pretty innocuous unless someone tampered with your candy.

Return to “Homeschool Parents / Off-Topic”