Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I dont understand the requirments for the State of TN.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Guestbook
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TeamTester
User

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:53 am    Post subject: I dont understand the requirments for the State of TN. Reply with quote

I only have a GED. I am praying about wheter I should home school. I have researched alot of things. When I went to the hslda site. It gave me 3 options. The way that I understand it is that I have to have a degree to do 9 -12. Is this right?
Blessings
Renee
Theodore

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, a bachelor's. However, if you look at option 2, you'll see that you can still homeschool 9-12 with a high school diploma or GED if you operate your homeschool under a church school. My advice is to contact your state / local homeschool organizations and see if they can recommend a church school near you, since this will be by far the easiest option for you.

http://www.home-school.com/groups/TN.html
TeamTester
User

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:00 pm    Post subject: Thanks so much Reply with quote

Theodore,
I dont understand being under a church school. Can you explain? I did click on the link you gave me. I contacted someone in my area. Maybe they will be able to help me.
Thanks so much
Renee
Theodore

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of churches organize a church school, which as the name suggests, is a school run by a religious organization. Since homeschools operating under the oversight of a church school in TN don't have to meet as stringent a set of requirements, this is a good option to go with if you have a church school in your area. The school's oversight is generally the bare minimum to fulfill the requirements of the law.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Guestbook All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: