Any teachers out there homeschooling their own?

Having problems figuring out where to start? Let other homeschoolers offer you some advice!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

teacher22
User

Any teachers out there homeschooling their own?

Postby teacher22 » Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:26 pm

robinsegg
User

Postby robinsegg » Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:44 am

There's a lady in our group who has done this. She was a high school math teacher, and left to homeschool her 2nd grader and kindergartener. She told me Sunday that she loves it and it's the best thing that's happened to their family in a long time.
I don't know about transitioning, but I could ask her.
Rachel
teacher at home
The Cleft in the Rock Academy

boysnberry
User

Postby boysnberry » Tue Oct 17, 2006 6:10 pm

A good friend of mine was a first grade teacher for something like five years. After she had her first child she quit working to stay home and started homeschooling her daughter two years ago, preschool. She is now teaching her daughter first grade and her other daughter preschool. She also helps/teaches other children who are being homeschooled. She wouldn't trade it and has been a huge blessing to me. Tomorrow is my childrens last day before they will be coming out of public school and we will be homeschooling. :D I'm very excited and I hope you do the same. Everyone I meet that homeschools says it's the best choice they made. Good luck!!
...And she shall be a joyful mother of children...Ps. 113:9
Mom of six boys and one berry!

Kidsdoc
User

Postby Kidsdoc » Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:49 pm

Hello, I am a former elementary school teacher/ high school coach and now a practicing pediatrician. I will begin "formally" homeschooling my kids next fall. But homeschooling as always been apart of my kids life in some limited capacity. ie. over summer vacations, et. I have a 7 1/2 , 6 and 2 1/2 year old. I am scared but excited.

janzeiger
User

I am!!

Postby janzeiger » Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:58 am

Return to “Getting Started”