Help getting started

Having problems figuring out where to start? Let other homeschoolers offer you some advice!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

Chijas
User

Help getting started

Postby Chijas » Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:32 pm

Hi

I hope someone can help me with this, I am moving to pa area in the next week
I am planning on homeschooling my son when I get there, what I wanted to know is getting started, I have all of my materials, I am going w Abeka curriculum, this is what he had in his school that he was attending, I did go to the Chap website and I see that there were forms that I should have submitted to the school district, so what will I do since the date has passed
Can anyone give me advice on what to do so that I am following the right steps

Thanks
Chijas

Theodore

Re: Help getting started

Postby Theodore » Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:14 pm

I believe the deadline only applies to continuing homeschooling. If it's your first time homeschooling in PA, any time before you start homeschooling should be fine:

http://www.chaponline.com/start/law.html
A notarized affidavit of the parent or guardian or other person having legal custody of the child or children, filed prior to the commencement of the home education program and annually thereafter on August 1 with the superintendent of the school district of residence and which sets forth: the name of the supervisor of the home education program who shall be responsible for the provision of instruction; the name and age of each child who shall participate in the home education program; the address and telephone number of the home education program site; that such subjects as required by law are offered in the English language, including an outline of proposed education objectives by subject area; evidence that the child has been immunized in accordance with the provisions of section 1303(a) and has received the health and medical services required for students of the child's age or grade level in Article XIV; and that the home education program shall comply with the provisions of this section and that the notarized affidavit shall be satisfactory evidence thereof.... The affidavit shall contain a certification to be signed by the supervisor that the supervisor, all adults living in the home and persons having legal custody of a child or children in a home education program have not been convicted of the criminal offenses enumerated in subsection (e) of section 111 within five years immediately preceding the date of the affidavit.

micheller79
User

stand your ground

Postby micheller79 » Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:03 am

Chijas
User

Postby Chijas » Tue Sep 12, 2006 1:10 am

Thanks for putting that fear to rest , we should be there the early part of next week, and will get going. Micheller79 thanks for extending yourself out, I am sure I have more questions :D
Chijas

Return to “Getting Started”