Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hi I am new from Michgian

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Guestbook
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mvhavjad
User

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 9:12 am    Post subject: Hi I am new from Michgian Reply with quote

Very Happy
I am new to this forum and a mother of 6 wonderul newly homeschooled children. I am 33 and been married 15 years. I am scared for this is my first full year of home schooling we pulled our kids last year with 60 days of school left. Nice to meet you all.
Antoinette
Ramona
User

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:32 am    Post subject: Re: Hi I am new from Michgian Reply with quote

I just joined this site recently and I also homeschool 6 kids, but we've been doing it for about 12 years.

Welcome!

Ramona
alisarussell
User

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Antoinette,

Welcome! I am also in Michigan. I have two children (7 and 9) and am beginning homeschooling this year as well. How old are your children?

Alisa
mvhavjad
User

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 8:05 am    Post subject: Hi From Michgian Reply with quote

Laughing Nice to meet you both. I am a mother of 6 age's are 14 dd, 12 ds, 11 dd, 8 ds, 4 dd and amost 2 in Octobor dd. I had started to homeschool the last 60 days of public school after my oldest dd was assulted on school grounds by 6 kids. She had problems with these kids all year and the princable would not take care of the problem. My son also was getting hit all the time at times in front of the teacher and nothing was done. When he would stick up for himself they would give him detetion. The school has very low meap scores and my husband and I had enough. When we pulled our two 5 graders they could not multiply for nothing so I was not very imprested. So this will be my first full year and I hope it goes well. THe think right now I am looking for is support and knowing that I will get my kids at grade level. Hope to hear from you again.
Antoinette
Ramona
User

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 8:49 am    Post subject: Re: Hi From Michgian Reply with quote

Sorry to hear about all the problems.

What sort of support do you need? Have you posted on other boards on this site?

One great thing about homeschooling is that each child's grade level is whatever it is. They can be ahead of, even with, or behind their institutionally-educated age-group peers and it doesn't really matter. Smile

I always reassure myself that I can teach anything I've learned, so my kids will be fine up through the last grade I went to, at least, for sure.

Then beyond that I think I can also probably teach almost anything by learning along with them, so the sky's the limit!

Ramona
mvhavjad
User

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 3:29 pm    Post subject: Hi again Reply with quote

To answer your questions no I have not posted on any other forums and WE do have home school (small) organization in the area but the support I am looking for is I know there are going to be days that I will need support when things just don't go well. Someone to talk to when I need information or just a shoulder to cry on. I have a son who was on ridilin and I took him off I wanted him to be him but he also don't like school and can be a handful sometimes. I know what I did was right but I worry that I might fail some way or how so I guess that is what I am doing is looking for Mom's who are in the same boat that some days need a shoulder to cry on. Thanks again for writing
Antoinette
micheller79
User

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 3:42 pm    Post subject: afraid to fail? Reply with quote

We try to remind ourselves that as the parent we are the most invested in our child. The school may show concern, but the parent is fully geared to successfully school the child. Don"t fear failure. Keep trying. Love your child. That is the key, we love them so we will not give up until they have the best education.
mvhavjad
User

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for those wonderful words. I will look upon them when times are low.
Antoinette
jan
User

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:36 pm    Post subject: HELLO! Reply with quote

THIS IS OUR FIRST YEAR OF HSING TOO! I HAVE 2 CHILDREN DS9 AND DD8. MY SON WAS ALSO ON MEDS FOR AWHILE, I DECIDED LAST YEAR TO TAKE HIM OFF AND HE WAS CONSTANTLY IN TROUBLE NOTHING BAD ,HE JUST COULDN'T SIT STILL AND WAS IMPULSIVE DURING CLASS. SO HIM AND THE OTHER TROUBLE MAKERS WERE PUT IN THE BACK OF THE CLASS TOGETHER. THE CHILDREN WHO DIDN'T HAVE ANY TROUBLE LEARNING WERE PUT IN THE FRONT OF THE CLASS.I ALSO WANTED MY SON BACK FROM THE MEDS HE JUST WASN'T HIMSELF WHILE TAKING THE MEDS AND AFTER AWHILE THE MEDS HAD AN ADVERSE REACTION ON HIS PERSONALITY.

I HAVE ALSO BEEN AFRAID OF FAILING MY KIDS ,THAT IS MY BIGGEST FEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I JUST WANTED TO LET YOU KNOW THAT YOU ARE NOT ALONE!!!!!!!!!!! THIS FORUM IS A GREAT SOURCE OF SUPPORT AND INFO. I HOPE TO HEAR MORE FROM YOU!
mvhavjad
User

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 7:22 am    Post subject: Hi Reply with quote

Very Happy Hi so wonderful to meet you. Glad to hear I am not the only one who don't feel we should be drugging our children to make them just perfect. Thank you so much in writing me and also would love to be able to talk when things get crazy. I start schooling the kids here in Sept. they are pumped and it is relax not like it is when they are going to start public. This is great. No tummy pains no crying no complaining. I love it. Laughing Talk soon.
Antoinette
alisarussell
User

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, just wanted to say I feel the same about drugging our children. We had not reached that point with either of our boys, but I was afraid we were going to get there soon if we had kept especially the younger one in public school. He was having problems completing his classwork and he was also being picked on. (small for his age) The leap from 1st to 2nd grade work gets harder quickly, and I wanted to make sure he had a good base and plenty of time to finish his work.

My older child was having the opposite problem. He is testing above grade level in reading and math, and he was getting bored in class.

They are also very excited about the beginning of school. I look forward to sharing this journey with the both of you.

Alisa
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Guestbook All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: