Bob Jones - difficulty with ordering

Discuss the pros and cons of various curriculums, or get help on which to choose!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

twoducksmaybethree
User

Bob Jones - difficulty with ordering

Postby twoducksmaybethree » Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:27 pm

Hello! This is my first post and unfortunately has been prompted by frustration.....My husband and I wanted to try to homeschool an elective class before our first goes to kindergarten so that we could get our feet wet. We attended a Bob Jones curriculum display in our area to have a look at the new spanish curriculum they have. After doing research, we had decided we liked this best and seeing it confirmed that. We ordered the curriculum dispite our feelings about the visit. The gentlemen representing the display was to say the least not friendly or helpful.

We received our order promptly and the kids and I were ready to start but realized we only had one of the three worktext. Before I had a chance to call about it, a box showed up with another worktext, but it was the same one. I emailed the company explaining that it was our first order and that we didn't receive all that was displayed in the presentation of this particular curriculum. My husband received a phone call from them. While speaking with them we realized that not only had the gentleman misrepresented the items that would be included in the kit (the worktexts are sold separately--again not displayed as such), he also took liberties with my credit card! In the conversation with my husband, the lady from Bob Jones assigned to take care of the problem basically called us liars. I am appalled. Please tell me this isn't how we should expect things to go. I don't know that we would have purchased the curriculum if the worktext weren't included. Now we are so upset with the company that we don't know if we should send it back. Please advise.

Theodore

Re: Bob Jones - difficulty with ordering

Postby Theodore » Sun Aug 20, 2006 2:42 pm

According to their site, it appears the worktexts are separate (though that could be made somewhat more clear). Their phone rep certainly should have been more diplomatic - after all, the customer is always right - but it sounds like it was the person at the display who was mostly at fault. Question is, was he an employee of BJU, or just a reseller that they have no control over? Do you have his name and a copy of the original order? I find it hard to believe that BJU would purposely mislead you or give you the wrong materials.

I'm willing to believe you, but so far your accusation has no supporting evidence. Let's hear some names.

twoducksmaybethree
User

Postby twoducksmaybethree » Sun Aug 20, 2006 3:08 pm

No supporting evidence? I wasn’t trying to start a trial. I was just trying to get advice on a circumstance. I do think we just happen to run into two unhelpful people. Except for one other similar circumstance, I have only heard good things about Bob Jones.
As far as names go, I do have the ladies name in “Solutionsâ€

Theodore

Postby Theodore » Sun Aug 20, 2006 3:46 pm

Well, if fraudulent charges were made to your credit card, contact the credit card company and let them take the appropriate legal action. Contact BJU again, and if they won't help, send back your materials for a refund and try a different curriculum.

JulieKW
User

Postby JulieKW » Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:13 pm

Twoducks, we used BJU HomeSat for three years, I never had a problem with their integrity at all. I would be disappointed also, by the behavior of that rep. I would caqll BJU again and talk to someone else, they should be up in arms to hear soemone representing them is ppulling that kind of stuff.
Julie in OK

Return to “Curriculum Discussion”