Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Spanish Curriculum

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Curriculum Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
momo3boys
User

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 5:09 pm    Post subject: Spanish Curriculum Reply with quote

I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good Spanish curriculum for a Homeschool coop. The children would be from 5-9 years old. Any ideas would be great. Thank you.
Phi 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.
momo3boys
User

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone teach spanish, or use any spanish curriculum with their children? I am surprised that no one has answered me, I thought a lot of homeschoolers started second languages early. Any foreign language curr advice would be great.
hbmom36
User

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know Rosetta Stone is supposed to be good-we're going to start the French program this fall. Would that be practical for what you want? It's a computer program.
momo3boys
User

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really, I'm looking for something that is more like a public school curriculum that starts with greetings and teaches spanish that is conversational. I have a lot of supplemental work but I really need a good foundation. I will be teaching once every other week but I would like something that al the children can do at home so that we are all on the same page when we get together.
KarinKath
User

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 2:02 pm    Post subject: Muzzy has had great reviews. They let you try it out for 30 Reply with quote

days free. I just ordered it, but I haven't received it yet so I cannot personally vouch for it.

Other good websites for info I found are:
http://www.multilingualchildren.org/
http://www.nncc.org

Hope that helps you!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Curriculum Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: