Homeschooling due to bullying, now looking for new friends!

Having problems figuring out where to start? Let other homeschoolers offer you some advice!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

Becky13
User

Homeschooling due to bullying, now looking for new friends!

Postby Becky13 » Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:34 pm

Linda
User

Postby Linda » Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:49 pm

Lkat83
User

Postby Lkat83 » Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:35 pm

Kadriennel
User

Postby Kadriennel » Sat Aug 19, 2006 10:01 am

mommainky
User

Homeschooling due to bullying

Postby mommainky » Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:22 am

Boy can I relate to this. I just pulled my 7th grader out after 5 wks of school due to the bullying at school and on the school bus, in which he was physically assulted twice. Nothing was done after the first assult, and the neighbor of the boy who did the first assult followed in his footsteps 2 wks later by literally stomping my son in the face, chest, groin, and stomach. The bus was stopped and the bus driver did nothing to break it up, nor did the highschool kids that were still on the bus. The school let it happen the first time with no disicpline measures taken, so THEY let it happen again. The form of abuse to my son was sexual discrimination in the form of name calling. This was reported and not stopped either. So I am trying my hand at homeschooling, working my way through each day, LOL, put you have to do what you have to do to protect your childs well being both physically and mentally. My son also is in a state of very low self esteem, depression, and anger, as he feels the school and the system have failed him drastically.
Good Luck,
K

Pepper
User

Postby Pepper » Fri Dec 08, 2006 6:27 pm

Ramona
User

Reply to Pepper

Postby Ramona » Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:04 pm

charlesandginny
User

My son too was teased

Postby charlesandginny » Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:48 pm

One of the main reasons we took my son out of ps was cause he was being teased non stop from the morning till he got out of school since the boy was in his class and on his bus. See since he was in a special needs class and so was his teaser there was very little the teacher could do. She told me "his parents just aren't as willing as you all to make things better" My husband and i just got tired of it all. Our son has had a hard life and was finally getting ontop when all this happend. He started having reall bad accidents (day time) in his pants and the teasing made it even worse. But worst of all, was my lil man thinking he was nothing. This is our first yr homeschooling and he is loving it. Though we have faced troubles(my mom does not support homeschooling)He is in the second grd and we love learning together and making our bond stronger. I truly never imagined seeing myself as a homeschooler, i was taught wrong about it. But i am proud to say i am a homeschooler and my son is too. He blurts its out with pride "My mommy teaches me, and she is the best" It just melts my heart

OA
User

Postby OA » Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:55 am

Have you checked to see if there are any home school support groups in your area? Many home schooling families around North America have found support and friendship through these groups. Phoning around or contacting HSLDA or doing an internet check might help in locating one. Our kids joined a home school group years ago, and participated in home school bands, ski trips and other outings. It was very enjoyable and a lot of fun for all of us! :D

Return to “Getting Started”