Saxon language arts

Discuss the pros and cons of various curriculums, or get help on which to choose!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

celtic_cross
User

Saxon language arts

Postby celtic_cross » Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:27 pm

Hi y'all. I love Saxon Math so I decided to give the Saxon Language Arts course a try. I ordered the fourth and sixth grade packages. The fourth grade course comes with a student textbook, assessment teacher's book and teacher's manual with lesson plans. The sixth grade course only has a student textbook and a computer CD. The Saxon Math is so well laid out and easy to follow, but this LA course is not! I have pretty much figured out the fourth grade course but I am having trouble with the sixth grade one. If anyone has any experience using this and can offer some advice, I would appreciate it! Thanks.

Mary

mindy8
User

Saxon grammar

Postby mindy8 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:35 am

We have Saxon Grammar 5 so I hope it is similar. What I did was take the guide at the beginning of the teacher's book and write in all the lessons that have workbook pages. Then i have all the assignments on one page. We do dictation on Monday and the test is Friday. I am not always right on with the writing - it is quite a thorough grammar/writing program and the kids sometimes fuss that it takes forever. Not sure if this makes sense without showing it but I thought it was worth a shot. Good luck!

Actually I just reread your post and did not catch that you have a CD. So my post probably won't help at all. Sorry

Return to “Curriculum Discussion”