Homeschool Conventions

Having problems figuring out where to start? Let other homeschoolers offer you some advice!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

efxmel
User

Homeschool Conventions

Postby efxmel » Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:18 am

Relationships are all there is. Everything in the universe only exist b/c it is in relationship to everything else. Nothing exist in isolation. We have to stop pretending we are individuals that can go it alone. - Margaret Wheatley

Jill
User

Postby Jill » Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:31 pm

If you think you know what curricula you would like to use, I would suggest spending a very short time in the bookfair part and attending all the workshops you can especially those geared toward beginning homeschoolers.

As a new homschooler, the bookfair can make you second guess everything you think you've decided on and empty your pockets in short order. If there is something specific you would like to see before you get there, go in and check it out, but know there will be many temptations! Many vendors offer convention specials, but for me it's worth the extra few dollars to wait on something I hadn't considered before (the convention) and buy at home without the pressure/thrill/excitement that goes with the convention.

Have fun and be encouraged!
Best wishes!
Jill

efxmel
User

Postby efxmel » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:22 pm

Relationships are all there is. Everything in the universe only exist b/c it is in relationship to everything else. Nothing exist in isolation. We have to stop pretending we are individuals that can go it alone. - Margaret Wheatley

Return to “Getting Started”