I just pulled my daughter out today!

Having problems figuring out where to start? Let other homeschoolers offer you some advice!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

wrightno
User

I just pulled my daughter out today!

Postby wrightno » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:13 pm

Hi,
I just pulled my daughter out today because she just wasen't happy with her school etc.... She is in the 7th grade but we are going to be doing 7th/8th grade......
natasha w.

lillyg
User

Postby lillyg » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:27 pm

Lilly G

LisaReynolds
User

Re: I just pulled my daughter out today!

Postby LisaReynolds » Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:19 am

Jill
User

Postby Jill » Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:33 pm

So, how's it going? Hopefully, you are getting a chance to hang out with her and reconnect.
Best wishes!
Jill

sartasd
User

Postby sartasd » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:26 am

Good for you, Is your dd doing the Florida online school through the PS or are you doing another curriculum?

Our PS is on spring break this week 29 March to 5 April

A friend just transfered her son to another middle school in St. Augustine--
Murray to Gambles, Murray is known for fights, and many bullies. Parents move just to put their kids at Gambles, which is known for being the best in our county. I am happy she did this because her son is my son's friend and my son went to Murray for a short time last year before I pulled him out to homeschool him.

I am seeing this over and over again. violence in our schools and the police officers in the schools can only do so much. Our nation's PS has alot to fix. Something that I don't see ever happening, kids are not being taught self-control and other virtues anymore. It is sad that there are kids who want to learn but can't because of violence and distruptions in the classrooms. Teachers have a hard job!
Sharon

Return to “Getting Started”