Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

should I take my son out of public school b4 school ends????

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Getting Started
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lillyg
User

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:56 pm    Post subject: should I take my son out of public school b4 school ends???? Reply with quote

Smile I am debating if I should take out my son who is in 4th grade from public school to homeschool or should I let him finish the school year and then start fresh in the fall???

Not sure which is best. I have been tossing this thought all around back and forth. My son is in 4th grade and he is doing 3rd grade math and I don't like it. He knows mutiplication and division, and they are still not introducing it to him. I don't want him to be behind in 5th grade.

can anyone can share there experience of taking their child out of school before the school YE or share what their thoughts are, would be great.
Thanks
Lilly
Smile [/b]
elliemaejune
User

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, HSLDA recommends letting a child finish the school year *unless* things are just too bad to let him stay.

I took my dd out of school during Easter break of her first grade year. I'm glad I did.
Caretaker of 2 dear kitties, 1 French bulldog, 1 dachsund, and 3 budgies
lillyg
User

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ellie,

Thanks for your help. I have made a decision that I am not taking my son out of school early and will let him finish this year and we will start 5th grade homeschooling. I am so excited!!!! Thanks and have a great day!
Lilly
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Getting Started All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: