Compliance Kits to much-Need a cheaper way to log

How do you organize what your children have done into a record of work? Discuss this and other related issues here!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

Aero
User

Compliance Kits to much-Need a cheaper way to log

Postby Aero » Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:49 am

Theodore

Postby Theodore » Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:04 am

As someone suggested, you could get a cheap digital camera, photograph everything as it happens, and store the results on a DVD. The timestamps should prove time elapsed.

Ophelia
User

Re: Compliance Kits to much-Need a cheaper way to log

Postby Ophelia » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:05 am

Dawn

Mother of Fionn (5-7-01), Bailey (9-12-02) and Owen (8-7-07)

Roxanne2211
User

Postby Roxanne2211 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:18 pm

I live in Louisiana and am also new at HS . In fact , we wont start until afterthe holidays but I just got my packet from the state and spoke with the state contact person who reviews applications for the Home school option . There is no reviewer for our state . Your application to start is accepted . Then when you renew yearly all you need to send them is :

a list of your curriculum and books used
a letter from a 3rd party ( could even be your husband or a friend or relative ) that states your child is being homechooled .
1-2 pages of your childs work in the core subjects
tests scores or a report card you generate

Thats it . I verified the above TWICE with the state official over the HS program and she assured me that this was all that was needed . She also stated that if you chose to have your child tested , you could forego the above and just send the test scores .

Determined
User

New to homescholing and feel overwhelmed.

Postby Determined » Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:08 pm

I want to do all nessasary requirements just dont really understand what to do, from one subject to another. Having trouble even doing the class planner. :?: Feel as though I dont have all I need to make this work. Have no support other than Dr Hodges. Is this normal to feel like I dont understand any of it? How do I teach with no teaching materiels?
Caring Mom

Return to “Recordkeeping / Portfolios”