Brand new to homeschooling.

Having problems figuring out where to start? Let other homeschoolers offer you some advice!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

carminator1
User

Brand new to homeschooling.

Postby carminator1 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:43 am

Hi I just joined this forum or even website, I am hoping that I am capable of homeschooling my very active 4 year old.

Right now the only really good supporters I have is my DH and some friends who already homeschool their kids, my parents are not very thrilled on the idea at all, they are from Spain where homescholing is just illegal so they really do not undestand it too well, plus they just don't think that I am capable or that my son will be deprived of friends etc...

I also have a little girl as well and she is 2 years old, my DH is in the coast guard and we just moved to mobile this summer, right now I am trying to get my kids involved in a few sports or classes so they can meet other kids their age etc...

I want to start homeschooling but don't know where to start, I was told that sonlight was good and I am also looking into four in a row which I was told was good as well. My son is very active and I want to choose a curriculum that is fun and teaches as the same time, something that he will not get bored with.

I have tried the big preschool books from different stores and he does a little bit but he gets bored prety quick, I also read to him daily and we go to the library every wed.

Any suggestions or ideas?

Thank you.

hscoach
User

Postby hscoach » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:04 pm

carminator1
User

Postby carminator1 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:13 pm

mschickie
User

Postby mschickie » Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:23 pm

Return to “Getting Started”