Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Continuing Studies Credits?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> High School / College Prep
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mkat
User

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:06 pm    Post subject: Continuing Studies Credits? Reply with quote

My son is signed up to attend Digital Media's film camp this summer in Chicago. They offer 4-quarter units of credit with Stanford University's Continuing Studies Program. It's an additional fee of $90 (on top of camp fees). Grades are given Pass/No Credit and are based on attendance and successful completion of the course.

Now, it's not college credit, but continuing education credit...but it's through Stanford (the camp uses their program).

Anyone see any reason this type of credit is or isn't beneficial to a homeschooling kid?
StellarStory
User

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it's useful really since it's not college credit. You can put it on his record regardless.
Mkat
User

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not useful as credit, nope. And I think that's what ultimately gets me. I guess I wonder if on his record of academic high school achievements, does it actually mean anything.
StellarStory
User

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure, it shows a particular area of interest. It's probably a well regarded program and university. It might even count as an elective or part of one depending on how much they get done during the program.
Mkat
User

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much for your input!
StellarStory
User

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are very welcome. Glad you found my thoughts helpful.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> High School / College Prep All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: