Back to Public School:(

Having problems figuring out where to start? Let other homeschoolers offer you some advice!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

wrightno
User

Back to Public School:(

Postby wrightno » Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:18 pm

Well, I had to send my children back to public school because of me and my hubbies work schedules but, big mistake! My 8 year old son is getting alot of F's on his school work, my 12 year old daughter does not want to go to school if she does not have a new outfit each time she goes to school. My 16 year old son however, is doing fine. My 18 year old is doing good in school but she is a real social bug! Not sure what to do! Any suggestions? My 8 year ols son is having a hard timeeeeeeeeee in school. When I work with him at home he does fine though! My 8 year old goes to Osceola, My 12 year old goes to Murray, my 16 and 18 year olds go to Pedro. Not to mention my 8 year old comes home with alot of homework for being in third grade. My 12 year old never brings home homework! My 8 year old even has a tutor in school but he is still having a hard time though!
natasha w.

4given
User

Postby 4given » Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:15 am

How long ago did you put them in PS?

wrightno
User

hello

Postby wrightno » Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:01 pm

About a week ago!
natasha w.

MelissaM
User

Postby MelissaM » Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:59 am

Is there any chance of changing your working situation?
Getting Started in Homeschooling is easy at www.YourHomeschoolCommunity.com

rhi
User

Postby rhi » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:31 pm

I worked part time at nights and my dh was home and it worked out better for us like that it's been three years now and I'm at the end of my rope with it, my dh is way beyond his end of the rope so I'll be leaving my job after the first of the year. I wish you luck, I hope you can get it worked out.
~rhi~

MelissaM
User

Postby MelissaM » Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:10 am

Unfortunately, school provides not only a formal education, but also provides strong social pressures that don't seem to matter after school age. I wish you luck.
Getting Started in Homeschooling is easy at www.YourHomeschoolCommunity.com

sartasd
User

Postby sartasd » Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:19 pm

How is PS going? We tried the PS route and didn't like it after homeschooling. We are homeshooling again.
Sharon

Return to “Getting Started”