Progress Academy

Discuss the pros and cons of various curriculums, or get help on which to choose!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

mcompton1973
User

Progress Academy

Postby mcompton1973 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:08 pm

mcompton1973
User

Postby mcompton1973 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:59 am

Well today I got started.

So far, I will say this. The customer service side of Progress Academy is great. I signed up for a trial, and the next morning I got a call from Joni asking if I had questions. I spent an hour with her asking questions. Then about 2 weeks later I paid my enrollment fee or whatever, and called to ask how I pick classes. I got an email right away and when i faxed that in...maybe took 20 mins to get the access I needed.

I was really happy with the service. Now we will see how the learning goes. Thanks for the help everyone and wish me luck.

lovendove
User

Postby lovendove » Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:04 pm

I just found this thread while looking for reviews about this program for our 4th grader...wondering how you like it so far. Please keep us updated!

WVhomeschooldad
User

Using Progress Academy

Postby WVhomeschooldad » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:54 am

beverly1
User

Progress academy

Postby beverly1 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:17 pm

Hi-My daughter had been enrolled with progress academy since last august. She loves it. She tries to stick to a regular schedule but one that suits her. She feels much less pressure. She used to be tired all the time and had no time for herself. Homework used to take up most of her nights untill 11pm. She was in 9th grade. She was always a shy person but I think this year she has actually come out of her shell more. She used to have to get up at 5:30 in order to get the bus at 6:30. So far so good. Progress academy helps us whenever we call them and are quick with there email replies. Good luck, Bev

ame
User

progress academy

Postby ame » Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:04 pm

Hello,
I am thinking of homeschooling my 5th grader this year. I seem to like the progress academy curriculum. Had some questions, wonder if someone could email me so we could talk.

runnermomof2
User

Progress Academy

Postby runnermomof2 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:41 am

Is anyone still using this school? Do you still like the curriculum? We will be home schooling for the first time in the fall and I really want the online option. I have a 3rd grader and a 6th grader. Most of the online schools use switched on schoolhouse which we find to be very childish. I am fearful that my 6th grader will bore of that quickly. I noticed that Progress Academy uses Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publications. These seem to be really good. I would love your thoughts! :P

elliemaejune
User

Postby elliemaejune » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:14 pm

It seems awfully expensive to me.

I'd also want to know the legal ramifications of enrolling in this "school."
Married to Mr. Ellie for over 40 years
Mother to 2 dds and 2 dsil
Grandmother to 1 sweet boy
Servant of 1 kitteh

Return to “Curriculum Discussion”