Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

eFantasmic curriculum - anyone heard of it?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Curriculum Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mo981
User

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:11 pm    Post subject: efantasmic Reply with quote

I decided to purchase on program after looking over the website and wanted to purchase only one to see if my daughter liked it. When it went through they charged me the full amount for a year. No one responded to my email yet the Customer Service devision emailed a thank you receipt. I tried to down load one of the books and I had the trouble with Adobe and had to uninstall Adobe then reinstall but that did not help. I have phone the number on my CC statement and it goes to an answering machine with a generic statement, not even the name of the company. I have now emailed and phone each day this month it has been 31 days and still no response. That is customer service now for the product
I went t the library and opened up the website and was able to download the book. 32 pages of the 125 pages were for the program the rest were for other items that the company sells. The format drops the last line onto the next page during printing which is a huge waste of paper and printing 97 pages of unwanted paper would be a huge waste of ink and paper.
They had 12 vocabulary words for the book and then a few different puzzles. If you have been homeschooling anytime at all this is not a useful program. Just pick out a book go to a puzzle maker and pick out some words from the text, it would because that is all they did.
I would not recommend this book or this company.
Mark

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry you had such a poor experience.
So far I am still happy with them though, so will continue to use them.

mark
Linda C
User

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I could find, the 'curriculum' is just Q&A for books and magazines that you still have to purchase. I may be wrong, but that's what it seemed. I guess if you wanted to use that with the library, fine, but I can ask my own questions and we can do our own projects.
Question
quesmick
User

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:09 pm    Post subject: eFantasmic in 2009.... Reply with quote

I have had problems with eFantasmic since October 2008. I wanted to try a monthly membership to see if I would enjoy it. I also tought they were in the up and up, but they keep on charging my MC, every month since. I've tried their "contact us" option, no such luck, tried their email and again no luck!

Someone mentionned a phone number, where would I find it?

I'm really, really disappointed with them!

Can someone help me since I don't live in the States, I feel used by this company!
If this keeps up they'll have taken the equivalence of a yearly membership. I was willing to take a year last month but being that they refuse to contact me I may have no other option but to start inquiries on all homeschooling forums!!!!

This as to be settled by next week before they charge me again!!!!!

Please help me, thank you!

Quesmick Crying or Very sad
mamaduck91
User

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:22 pm    Post subject: efantasmic Reply with quote

I too have had trouble with efantasmic. When I subscribed, it was supposed to be unlimited access, one time only fee. I used it when I needed it, with breaks in between. When I tried to use it a few weeks ago, I was informed that my yearly membership had expired. I did not sign up for a yearly membership - I signed up for a lifetime, all access membership. I have contacted them several times and received no response. The phone number I have is from my original purchase receipt, but it rings to an answering machine that doesn't even identify the business. It is 239-243-9672.

I sent them another email tonight, informing them that I intend to open an internet fraud claim with the FBI if I don't hear from them with a resolution prior to next Tuesday. That gives them another week to get it together and re-instate my access. I have used the cyber-crimes website before, and will be glad to pass out the details to anyone who needs them. Gotta look it up again. Hope I don't need it.

Hope this is helpful to someone.
mamaduck91
User

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:12 pm    Post subject: Efantasmic Reply with quote

I recently heard from eFantasmic. They are under new ownership. The new owners recognize that there have been problems and are working to resolve them. I was given a May 2009 time-frame. The new owners took possession in mid-April and are still sorting servers. Hope this is helpful. My issue has not been resolved, but I am willling to wait now that someone has finally contacted me. Hopefully others will receive some response soon as well.
PywacketPat
User

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:41 pm    Post subject: eFantasmic website-anyone else with problems? Reply with quote

Hi! I am new to this forum (but glad I found it!), since I was looking for eFantasmic's customer service e mail. I have had nothing but problems with them since day one! I joined, after MUCH thought, with the "life-long, $97.00-which was 1/2 price- sales pitch. This was about a year and a half ago. I was unable to log on at all for at least a week, and only received an e mail back when I asked for my money back. The problem was fixed (somehow it had been my fault), and I proceeded to look at the site. There wasn't really much on it, but I downloaded one of their sets for a book. Unfortunately, my(Hewlett Packard) printer was unable to finish the printing job, as there were over 150 pages-most of them ads. I did not use the site again for awhile-my 30 days was long gone-and when I did, I could not log in again. I called them (last June) and found out they were bought out by a new company. I talked to a nice gentleman who promised to honor the original owners' "life long" membership. I was put in their computer as such(or so I was told). Not having a lot of faith in this company, or wishing to print out 200 sheets of ads uncontrollably; I have not used them since June. Tonight, I find I am again unable to login and am "not an active member"-but if I pay more, I CAN be! I called and left a message with their customer service. So, we will see what happens! I, personally, would like a site that is doing what it promises- papers that go with books, computer and tv programs-but NO ads and one that I can control what and how much I print out OR I want my money back (to join websites that I KNOW are good!). If anyone has had a similar experience (reading these comments, I would say yes) and what has been done for you, if anything. Thanks so much for letting me rant a bit! Nice to have a place for questions and such!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Curriculum Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: