Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Homeschooling in Morocco

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Homeschooling Overseas / Military Homeschooling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stayaa
User

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 12:47 pm    Post subject: Homeschooling in Morocco Reply with quote

Hello
Does anyone have any information about or contacts for homeschooling in Morocco?
Many thanks
mamacumlaude
User

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 6:10 am    Post subject: Homeschooling in Morocco Reply with quote

I will be moving from Canada to Morocco later this year and intend to continue homeschooling my 9 and 11 year olds. So far, I have not found any other homeschoolers presently living in Morocco. Should you wish to keep in touch for mutual support, do not hesitate to reply.
wjmj
User

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
We are from South Africa, living about an hour from Rabat and I homeschool my 3 children (8,6,3).
I have not come across anyone else that homeschools here!
you are welcome to contact me for any info.
Wendy
mamacumlaude
User

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 11:45 am    Post subject: Thanks for your reply Wendy Reply with quote

We are presently shopping for a small farm in your area in order to pursue our homesteading activities. Benslimane seems to offer a suitable micro-climate suitable for a suistainable farm. We plan to be there after Ramadan. Have you encountered any problems with the authorities regarding homeschooling? Do you know if there is any law prohibiting homeschooling such as is the case in Spain? Have you enquired around to have private tutoring or to register your kids in part-time programs?
wjmj
User

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have not had any difficulty with the authorities. We live in a rural area and other than one or two people asking why the kids werent in school nothing. I have not investigated it to much either.
I use a combination of a british phonics system, an online system (time4learning) and some american and south african products. A big problem is getting books brought in as the courier is very expensive and very slow. I have just found out there is an English bookshop in Rabat but have not yet been to investigate.
I tried to get info re activities from the American School but have had no reply. I have found a few things in Rabat to do. I do think Morocco is such a wonderful learning environment for them with so much to see and do!
You are welcome to contact me on my e-mail:wendyt67 @ yahoo.com for any further info.
How old are your kids?
keltoum
User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:19 pm    Post subject: Rabat Morocco Reply with quote

I moved to morocco from the US recently and I don't kow how to start home schooling.

Thank you for helping

keltoumbenomar@hotmail.com
Laila Martah
User

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:15 am    Post subject: So glad to hear.... Reply with quote

Hi.
I just joined the forum and decided to see if there was anyone in Morocco as I am working hard at persuading my husband to go back there. He's from Casablanca and I would love to emigrate to Morocco and raise my boys there.
The biggest issue has been educating my boys - I know that the British and American schools are quite expensive and I would really like to continue home educating them and was thinking to eventually register them with the BIDC. I have been telling my husband to ask his family if there are any regulations pertaining to home education, but he keeps forgetting, so I would welcome any experiences that anyone there has had.
Regards
moroccanmama
User

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:13 pm    Post subject: Considering homeschooling Reply with quote

Hi, we currently live in Canada and we are contemplating homeschooling our kids. However, we are not sure if we can still continue homeschooling in the event that we go back to Morocco, which could happen in the next 3-5 years. Does anyone know about the legality of homeschooling in Morocco?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Homeschooling Overseas / Military Homeschooling All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: