Formal or informal preschool? ACE?

Discuss the pros and cons of various curriculums, or get help on which to choose!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

Do you use a formal curriculum for your preschooler, a variety of activities, or do you focus more on extracurricular?

Formal Curriculum
22%
Variety of materials
78%

Total votes: 9

ttclark2
User

Formal or informal preschool? ACE?

Postby ttclark2 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:11 am

We have 2 preschoolers this year (a 3 and a 4) so I'm not heavy into purchasing full curriculums yet. I am a shopper though, I like to take my time making these decisions.

Anyone have any experience with the ACE system? My husband went to a private elementary school that used the system, and for his learning style he really liked it... But that was a long time ago. Anyone used it lately?

I already know my oldest 2 have different learning styles, so I'm hoping to find one curriculum that allows flexibility for both of them. Just looking for suggestions! I'm just beginning this quest.
Terri

"If we see wrongdoing that we have the power to stop, and do nothing, we make ourselves sharers in the guilt." Anna Sewell

Theodore

Postby Theodore » Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:21 am

JoshCHS
User

Postby JoshCHS » Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:12 am

I prefer the Lifepac system to the ACE system. Similar in styles (worktext based), but the Lifepac seems to involve more critical thinking. The ACE system is a good bible based curriculum, but probably not quite as challenging as some of the other options out there. Lifepac doesn't start until K.

As far as PK, it is a lot of common sense teaching. With 2 kids, you might want to consider purchasing something that helps you organize and save you time. I like the Horizons program as it allows you choose between the activity based model or the worktext based or both. Also, it does have daily Bible lessons.
Josh
www.christianhomeschoolstore.com
Christian curriculum -- discounted prices

elliemaejune
User

Postby elliemaejune » Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:18 pm

Married to Mr. Ellie for over 40 years
Mother to 2 dds and 2 dsil
Grandmother to 1 sweet boy
Servant of 1 kitteh

Jazzy
User