Newbie question...

How do you organize what your children have done into a record of work? Discuss this and other related issues here!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

nemomof4
User

Newbie question...

Postby nemomof4 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:28 am

My hubby and I just received our approval letter back from the state and I was wondering if we have the right to obtain our boys school records from the PS that they were attending. If anyone knows I would appreciate any answer. Thank you

ncmom
User

Postby ncmom » Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:08 am

Depends on your state. In NC my HS is seen as a private school and I do have the right to get my kids school records. I would check your states laws. If you haven't already try www.hslda.org and see if it tells you anything there. You could call your school board, but if it were me I would do this as a last resort. If you know some seasoned HS in your area maybe you could ask one of them. Or just go to the school with your approval letter and ask for them. The worse thing they can do is say no.

elliemaejune
User

Re: Newbie question...

Postby elliemaejune » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:57 am

nemomof4 wrote:My hubby and I just received our approval letter back from the state and I was wondering if we have the right to obtain our boys school records from the PS that they were attending. If anyone knows I would appreciate any answer. Thank you

You have the right to have photocopies of everything in your dc's records. That's a federal law, not a state law.

Schools don't always happily comply, however, but it's worth a shot. Just go down to the school office and smilingly tell them you would like your dc's records; you will settle for photocopies.
Married to Mr. Ellie for over 30 years
Mother to 2 dds and 2 dsil
Grandmother to 1 sweet boy
Caretaker of 2 budgies

nemomof4
User

Postby nemomof4 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:01 pm

Thank you both for your replies. I couldn't find any info about it anywhere so I will have to go and ask for them. Photocopies would be fine, I would prefer the originals but...... Thank you for your input. :)

Return to “Recordkeeping / Portfolios”