Letter of Intent

Having problems figuring out where to start? Let other homeschoolers offer you some advice!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

renecoston
User

Letter of Intent

Postby renecoston » Fri Jun 23, 2006 5:19 pm

I am trying to figure out exactly what I should include in the initial letter of intent I am going to be sending soon notifying my town's superintendant that I plan to homeschool my daughter beginning this fall. She has been attending public school here since Preschool and is now entering 3rd grade. I guess my question is do I or do I not include my plans for curriculum? I am really planning an eclectic mix of things because of my daughter's learning style and because we do not want the rigidity of boxed curriculum. Should I make a list of the items we intend to use, including our public library and field trip plans (we have quite a few ideas and are still building this list! My daughter is very much into doing instead of hearing about or reading about, though she is an avid reader!) or should I just wait to hear back from them on what they want? Are they even there in the summer, I wonder? Hmmmm......

I'll take any and all advice on this one! Thanks a bunch, everyone!
Bipolar disorder certainly affects mood, but it also affects cognition and the ability to perform mental tasks.
Some days we can out-think Stephen Hawking.
Other days we make Forrest Gump look like an intellectual.

hbmom36
User

Postby hbmom36 » Fri Jun 23, 2006 8:49 pm

Theodore

The initial letter of intent doesn't have to include much...

Postby Theodore » Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:17 pm

renecoston
User

Thank you!

Postby renecoston » Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:38 pm

I appreciate the help!
Bipolar disorder certainly affects mood, but it also affects cognition and the ability to perform mental tasks.

Some days we can out-think Stephen Hawking.

Other days we make Forrest Gump look like an intellectual.

Tim
User

Postby Tim » Fri Jun 30, 2006 6:22 pm

I am from MA too, and I just sen them the names and ages of my kids and told them that I was going to homeschool them for the year of 200*. Then they sent me a letter telling me what I needed to do after that. It was pretty easy.
Chase your DREAMS without fear or hesitation!

Return to “Getting Started”