Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Homeschoolers: Class of 2010

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> High School / College Prep
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Katharos
User

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:43 pm    Post subject: Homeschoolers: Class of 2010 Reply with quote

Hi all,

I just finished my senior year of high school (homeschool), and I will be attending the University of Chicago in the fall. I currently am considering mathematics and classics (specifically Greek) as my majors, though I still am unsure and will take full advantage of the core during my first two years to further develop my interests.

Where will this year's graduating class of homeschoolers be attending? On what major(s) are you planning? I am simply curious, as I know but few current homeschoolers, all of which are younger than myself.

Thanks.
Theodore

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:02 am    Post subject: Re: Homeschoolers: Class of 2010 Reply with quote

I'm graduating quite soon, so I'm not in the 2010 graduating class, but I can tell you that my major is Computer Science (CS-AST), and while I've also taken courses from Meramec Community College and University of Missouri, St Louis (UMSL), my official degree is going to be from Thomas Edison State College, which apparently allows you to focus more on your major and less on unnecessary humanities requirements. After that, I'll be working through my master's from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (RPI) at the speed of a course every four months, which will allow me to get my masters degree in another four years while still having time to work on the family business.

My oldest brother graduated with honors from the Coast Guard academy, majoring in engineering. He's now married and stationed as the head navigator on a Coast Guard ship basing out of California.

My oldest sister will be graduating soon from Patrick Henry College, with double majors in history (she would like to be an archaeologist) and writing.

My second oldest sister will be applying to medical college to study as a chiropracter. Sadly, I can't remember which college.

My second oldest brother is applying to Princeton and Patrick Henry as a government and/or business major.

The list just goes on - I have five more brothers and sisters - but you get the idea. I don't think we have anyone majoring in mathematics or languages, but those routes are fine if you want to be a professor.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> High School / College Prep All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: