americans in colombia we are new need help!!

If you are homeschooling outside the US, or doing a lot of moving between military bases, share your stories, questions, and tips here!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

america
User

americans in colombia we are new need help!!

Postby america » Wed May 20, 2009 2:52 pm

Hi i have 4 american kids that are now living in colombia south america we relocated from dacula georgia. ages 10,13,twins 14. I desperatly need to put them in school, the system here in this country is horrible, my kids speak no spanish and now are having to repeat the year. I dont know where to begin with this, please i need help!!!!!!!! i dont want them to lose another :( year if i can possibly do summer homeschooling for them it would be great for them to catch up. please help me i am desperate :(

thankyou so much
mom

bubbaansissy
User

Postby bubbaansissy » Mon May 25, 2009 10:32 am

Wow, that's a tough situation to be in. It must be extremely difficult for you. I have never been in that situation, so I don't know how I'd react. My husband is currently deployed, so my situation is like that of a single mother.

That would be awful for your kids to repeat a year of school, especially if they do not need to. Is it b/c they don't speak spanish? Could you just get a Rosetta Stone (spanish version - we have 1) and teach them over the summer how to speak spanish? It's very simple to use. I've done it. Or maybe you could hire a local (maybe a local's child) to use as a tutor for learning the language.

So sorry I can't be of more help. I just wanted to let you know that I do feel your sorrow.
Colossians 3:2 Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things....

Homeschooling Mama of Jake & Kenzie Leigh
Wife of Phil (Military Dad)

Our motto for now: accidents happen.......

Return to “Homeschooling Overseas / Military Homeschooling”