Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Things I should do this summer, but don’t want to.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Home Economics with Regina Hogsten
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Regina Hogsten

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 1:09 pm    Post subject: Things I should do this summer, but don’t want to. Reply with quote

After a long year of school, its time to rearrange and clean up things I didn’t consider important while schooling. What are your plans?

I have promised myself to finish my eighteen year old son’s cross stitch sampler for the last eighteen years. I am going to do it this summer. I’ll let you know in September if I broke another promise. But, I really want to keep it. The truth is I haven’t finished my twelve year old son’s sampler either. So, technically, I’m 30 years behind!

I will clean out the drinking glasses from the mugs and the plastic kiddie cups. Oh, and the bottles of bubbles and cans of fish food that were forgotten. New matching glasses will perk up the table. While I’m making a mess, the utensil-junk drawer will be freed of its “do-nothing” inhabitants. Heavy duty plastic bags will help me hide the throw-aways from nosy kids who want to keep everything.

I’ve already started my husband’s list. I think he needs a trash compactor in the kitchen to make his job easier. And I’d like him to knock out part of the kitchen wall, just a small part to make shelves for my cookbooks. That will benefit him, also. You know what happens when he’s finished the shelves? They will need paint. Since the paint brush is wet he will notice the cabinets and trim need to be touched up. Voila! I will have cleaned out cabinets, especially the one where the trash compactor will reside, new glasses, organized cookbooks, and a freshly painted kitchen. A job well done.
momo3boys
User

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, you are so organized, or these things have been bugging you for a while! Laughing I would be happy if I can speng time in the garden, and find my room. I seem to have lost it under a pile of clothes that don't know where they belong. Then I could hide in my room, without feeling like I HAVE to clean it. As far as my husband goes, I gave up expecting him to do anything on a list I make for HIM. I just leave mine out and he picks something he can handle and does it. It has to be his idea, or forget it. But he does help out. Most of the summer I think I'm just going to have fun, and try to enjoy a life without, so many hassles!
Phi 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.
bobbinsx5
User

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So how is that sampler coming?

We are in the middle of cleaning out EVERYTHING for a yard sale the last weekend in July. UGH!
Regina Hogsten

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:56 pm    Post subject: Summer things to do Reply with quote

I haven't even started to finish that sampler! I need to make a commitment to just finish it. It won't take long. It is usually that way with procrastination. It takes longer putting off the job than actually doing it.
You picked a hot week for a yard sale. Hope it went well.
bobbinsx5
User

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We ended up not doing the yard sale yet. We have been so busy I haven't been able to get our bedroom or the shed cleaned out yet. So now I don't know when I will have that yard sale, we start school in two and a half weeks, so we will just have to see.

I am getting so excited about school! My husband and I decided to name our homeschool this summer. So we came up with a name and then wrote "letters of acceptance" to the kids. It was just fun! But my poor first grader thought we were sending him to another school, he didn't quite get it. Once he understood he was still going to homeschool he was fine. I wish I could have taped that conversation it was so funny.
momo3boys
User

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What did you name it? Just curious, that sounds like a good idea.
bobbinsx5
User

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We named it Stepping Stones Academy. We came up with a logo and a motto, made letterhead, everything we could think of. I'm thinking of getting shirts made for them for Christmas, I haven't decided yet.
momo3boys
User

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you seen this site. I'm thinking of making my own Tshirts but this looks good too.
Lenethren
User

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What an awesome idea to name your school and do the letters. Very inspiring!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Home Economics with Regina Hogsten All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: