How much recordkeeping do you do for MO?

How do you organize what your children have done into a record of work? Discuss this and other related issues here!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

jkysmom
User

How much recordkeeping do you do for MO?

Postby jkysmom » Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:52 am

Carla
Wife to Craig
Mommy to Jake (7) and Lydia (4)

Theodore

Postby Theodore » Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:14 pm

You need to keep a record of "subjects taught and activities engaged in", which I assume would include the number of hours; a portfolio of work; and a record of "evaluations of the child’s academic progress", which basically translates to ongoing grade summaries or test results. Sounds like you have everything covered except maybe that last part.

You're highly unlikely to get audited, and even if you are, you're highly unlikely to get in trouble unless it looks like you didn't even try to keep records. Things are a lot more friendly now in MO than they were back when I was a kid.

christine540
User

also in MO

Postby christine540 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:55 am

Hello! I'm in MO also. What exactly is non-core? I'm prepping to pull my 6th grade out of school for HS this summer, so I'm still getting the rules down pat.

Theodore

Postby Theodore » Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:39 pm

"Reading, math, social studies, language arts, and science. Mo. Ann. Stat. §167.031.2(2)(b). These subject areas (including academic courses related to them) are not individually required, but must collectively constitute at least 600 hours of the child’s instruction."

Return to “Recordkeeping / Portfolios”