Looking for online school high school

Find out how to handle homeschooling through high school and college prep!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

3tzmom
User

Looking for online school high school

Postby 3tzmom » Fri Jun 02, 2006 5:22 am

I would like to start homeschooling my daughter next year (9th grade). Overall she's a great kid, but she has made a few unsafe decisions. We already have an 18 year old who went though the public school system. In the end she turned out great, but we now have two grand babies. I don't want my second daughter to have the smae struggles. We live in the best school system in the area, but the teenagers all have the same temptations.

I want to make sure that if she stays home for a couple of years I have the option to send her back with credits. I live in VA and It isn't hard for me to get permission, but It is hard for them to take the credits serious. So I want an online academy that I know will keep the records and will keep her motivated. I have researched BYU and kestone. I want a secular school and I belive BYU is faithbased, so that's why I ruled it out. It think she'll resond better with secular. Keystone is what I'm looking for, but wanted to know if there are others that are like it. I looked at morning star too, but can't find any reviews. Couldn't tell if morning star was faith based. Anyone with recommendations or know where to find reviews would be greatly appreciated. I don't want to go over 2,000 grand for the year. Thanks!

selina_farrell
User

Online High School

Postby selina_farrell » Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:05 pm

My children attend Laurel Springs School. They are currently using the elementary school curriculum, but I understand Laurel Springs's High School is a fantastic segue to college. The schools website is www.laurelsprings.com.

All the best,

Selina Farrell

3tzmom
User

Postby 3tzmom » Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:23 am

Thanks for the suggestion. I lloked into laurel springs before and they were a little pricey for me. One coarse was about 700.00 a year. I have reviewed several schools and I think I'm going with Keystone.

ccmmum
User

Postby ccmmum » Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:25 am

Have you checked out Alpha Omega's Switched on Schoolhouse? They have an Academy option that might work for you. Their web address is www.aop.com .

3tzmom
User

Postby 3tzmom » Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:39 pm

thanks for the suggestions. I'm leaning toward alpha omega with the academy option. I decided against keystone after reading there student forum. It was a lot like public school kids talking about the stuff I'm trying to protect my daughter from. So now I'm back to researching.

Return to “High School / College Prep”