Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Nintendo Anyone?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Homeschool Parents / Off-Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kerriinkuwait
User

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have a wii and my husband and I both love it! There are actually quite a few games we can play as a family, either competing against or cooperating with each other. Also, what mother doesn't fall in love with Mario. I have yet to come across anything objectionable in any Mario game. I secretly play Super Mario Galaxy after my son has gone to bed!
riccalo
User

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have a Nintendo Wii as well. I think that the Wii is a more family-oriented video game system. There are plenty of games that the entire family can play. We have several family games such as; Wii Sports, Wii Play, Mario Party 8, Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games, and Arctic Tale. If you're worried about spending a lot of money on a game that your children might not even like you can always go to a video game reviews website like these two ( http://wii.ign.com and http://wii.gamezone.com/ ) before making a purchase. I like the Wii for its internet capabilities too. If someone at our house is using the computer and I need to check something out on the internet I can use the Wii. No waiting for the other person to get done. I have an hour a day time limit set for the children. When we are playing the Wii together as a family I let it slide though.

-Erica
bubbaansissy
User

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have a 5 year old & he loves the Vtech Vsmile games. They're very educational and lots of fun. However, my sister just gave him a Nintendo Advance w/ about 7 or 8 games (her kids got the newer version, is why). The 1st few days he was glued to it and didn't want to do anything but play those games. So, hubby & I had to limit his playing. No big deal though, he hardly even plays it now.
Glottis
User

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think that it's fine if the kids played videogames, so long as they follow a schedule...
mommyto2gr8ones
User

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm feeling a little duh-huh.....what's DDR?? LOL We have a Wii and my ds loves to play it!! We have the sports pack and we are very much looking forward to having the Wii Fit.
And Furbaby CopyCat~7/03
"I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me"~Phillipians 4:13
rhi
User

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Each of my girls has a nintendo ds and they have a wii that we got them last year for Christmas. But they rarely play either of them. The girls will get into runs of playing them but not every day. Usually, it's during the winter when it's cold and yucky outside that they will entertain themselves with those after school work.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Homeschool Parents / Off-Topic All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: