Combining Charlotte Mason & Unit Studies curriculum?

Discuss the pros and cons of various curriculums, or get help on which to choose!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

CindyLou
User

Combining Charlotte Mason & Unit Studies curriculum?

Postby CindyLou » Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:39 pm

JenniferSylvie
User

Postby JenniferSylvie » Sat Jun 10, 2006 11:45 am

Hi Cindy Lou;

Have you looked at www.amblesideonline.org? They offer a year by year guide with book lists, schedules and all kinds of info for CM. Most of it is available free, even some of the recommended books. My DS is only 3yo, so we don't "officially" do school yet, but I love the CM style. I've bought bunches of books, including her original series. Very good information. My DS enjoys reading time and outdoor exploration, so we are on the right track. Good Luck with your search. If you want to trade info let me know, I'll send you my email address.

Jennifer and Max
Jennifer

unitstudydad
User

some suggestions

Postby unitstudydad » Mon Jun 12, 2006 2:56 pm

I think the ages of your children would make a difference. My father's world is great for relative new homeschoolers- esp if you haven't tried unit studies before. They tend to cater to younger ages. For middle school up you might consider Tapestrys of Grace or Learning Adventures. These are a bit more challenging, but very rewarding. You need to watch what components each on stresses. MFW is fairly integrated in all subjects. LA is very heavy on english- little other language is needed.

Return to “Curriculum Discussion”