Nintendo Anyone?

Share everyday things like field trips, homeschooling experiences, or just anything that doesn't seem to belong elsewhere!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

Postby kerriinkuwait » Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:28 am

We have a wii and my husband and I both love it! There are actually quite a few games we can play as a family, either competing against or cooperating with each other. Also, what mother doesn't fall in love with Mario. I have yet to come across anything objectionable in any Mario game. I secretly play Super Mario Galaxy after my son has gone to bed!

Postby riccalo » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:35 am

We have a Nintendo Wii as well. I think that the Wii is a more family-oriented video game system. There are plenty of games that the entire family can play. We have several family games such as; Wii Sports, Wii Play, Mario Party 8, Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games, and Arctic Tale. If you're worried about spending a lot of money on a game that your children might not even like you can always go to a video game reviews website like these two ( and ) before making a purchase. I like the Wii for its internet capabilities too. If someone at our house is using the computer and I need to check something out on the internet I can use the Wii. No waiting for the other person to get done. I have an hour a day time limit set for the children. When we are playing the Wii together as a family I let it slide though.

Postby bubbaansissy » Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:04 pm

We have a 5 year old & he loves the Vtech Vsmile games. They're very educational and lots of fun. However, my sister just gave him a Nintendo Advance w/ about 7 or 8 games (her kids got the newer version, is why). The 1st few days he was glued to it and didn't want to do anything but play those games. So, hubby & I had to limit his playing. No big deal though, he hardly even plays it now.

Postby Glottis » Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:13 am

i think that it's fine if the kids played videogames, so long as they follow a schedule...

Postby mommyto2gr8ones » Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:56 am

I'm feeling a little duh-huh.....what's DDR?? LOL We have a Wii and my ds loves to play it!! We have the sports pack and we are very much looking forward to having the Wii Fit.
Crystal~wife to Robert~2/11/01
Mom to Joshua~7/19/00
And Furbaby CopyCat~7/03
"I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me"~Phillipians 4:13

Postby rhi » Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:42 pm

Each of my girls has a nintendo ds and they have a wii that we got them last year for Christmas. But they rarely play either of them. The girls will get into runs of playing them but not every day. Usually, it's during the winter when it's cold and yucky outside that they will entertain themselves with those after school work.

Return to “Homeschool Parents / Off-Topic”