Re: A BEKA program

Postby red_tulips » Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:50 am

abbiesmamma
User

Postby abbiesmamma » Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:23 pm

I have the following Abeka 1st Grade:

-Tiptoes Reading Book 3.50
-Letters and Sounds Phonics Seatwork Text Teachers Key 6.50
-Letters and Sounds Phonics Seatwork Text Teachers Key 6.00 (bit older but still works with current curriculum)
-Health, Safety, and Manners Teachers Key 3.50 (older but still works with current curriculum)
-Discovering God's World Teacher's Edition 6.50

Shipping would be 2.50 for the first book and 1.00 for each additional book.

If I find more, I will be sure to come back!!!

You can email me at mrsannieshaw@yahoo.com

MyCountryFamily
User

I have the complete K5 Abeka Reading Set

Postby MyCountryFamily » Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:59 pm

My dd went to private school her Kindergarten year and I have the following

My Blend and Word Book (the first book the give them)
I Learn to Read (Books A-D)
I Do Read (Books 1-4 or E-H)
I Can Read Well (Books 1-4 or I-L)

Her name is written on the front of the books and I think at most you may find highlighting in a booklet or two for words she struggled with.

They're in great condition and I was going to keep them, but we've decided to give school another shot this year and my 4 year old has flat said she's going to school. So no need to keep them. I'd like $14 for all of them INCLUDES shipping.

Blessings, Windy

ncmom
User

Postby ncmom » Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:18 pm

I use Abeka and when I bought my first grade the only thing that was a big deal to find was the phonics and math. The readers are easy to find and the science, history, health, and community helpers are good but I recommend if you are trying to save money to buy the older versions instead of the new ones. It is the same info just updated pictures and a new cover. You can buy used books online, that is what I do. I have several classified ad sites that I frequent. If you are looking for something specific let me know. I might have it. I am slowly selling the items I don't need anymore. This was my daughters stuff and she is in the 4th grade now and I won't need it again for another 5 years when my youngest is old enough for it. By then I figure I can get what I don't have.

ontheprairie
User

Postby ontheprairie » Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:16 pm

I just started my K5 student a few days ago on the Traditional A Beka K5 program. She is finding it a little boring - she knows everything that is being taught so far. I would love to have an opinion from those of you who have gone through K5 - is this just the beginning? Will she start to learn new things soon? Should I just got through this part quickly so she can get to the new more interesting stuff before she gets bored and sick of it?
Thanks.

ncmom
User

Postby ncmom » Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:17 pm

ontheprairie
User

Postby ontheprairie » Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:46 pm

Thanks so much ncmom. Looking forward to getting to know you better - I love meeting the moms on here that use A Beka and love it. Which there was a place where I could save the names of the ones I have found!

Return to “Used Curriculum Buying”