Coast Guard Homeschoolers!!

If you are homeschooling outside the US, or doing a lot of moving between military bases, share your stories, questions, and tips here!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

tupperwaremomma
User

Coast Guard Homeschoolers!!

Postby tupperwaremomma » Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:58 pm

Hey all! We are a coast guard family beginning homeschooling this year. I have no clue on cirriculums or any thing of that sort... but I'm trying to educate myself on all of it so I can start my 3 1/2 yr old this school year.

Any suggestions are welcome :D There is so much info out there its pretty overwhelming!

How is homeschooling working out for you as a military family? Is it difficult having to go through the registration process all over again with every transfer?
Crystal ~ Proud Coast Guard Wife to Andrew (1/2/04), WAHM to Brendan (3/11/05), Rebecca (7/6/07) and Baby Rardon #3 (Due 1/25/09) ~
and momma to 2 dogs and 2 cats
Tupperware Manager
http://mytupperware.com/crystalrardon

acb_rn
User

Future Homeschooler

Postby acb_rn » Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:51 am

Hi! I live on the Roanoke Island section of the Outer Banks and I'm beginning to homeschool my 4 year old his preschool cirriculum this year. I'm am just learning this like you and have a million questions. I have discovered one meeting group for Outer Banks Homeschoolers that meets in Kill Devil Hills.

tupperwaremomma
User

Re: Future Homeschooler

Postby tupperwaremomma » Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:56 am

Crystal ~ Proud Coast Guard Wife to Andrew (1/2/04), WAHM to Brendan (3/11/05), Rebecca (7/6/07) and Baby Rardon #3 (Due 1/25/09) ~

and momma to 2 dogs and 2 cats

Tupperware Manager

http://mytupperware.com/crystalrardon

acb_rn
User

Postby acb_rn » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:03 am

Return to “Homeschooling Overseas / Military Homeschooling”