The Importance of a Homeschool Dad

Share everyday things like field trips, homeschooling experiences, or just anything that doesn't seem to belong elsewhere!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

The Importance of a Homeschool Dad

Postby jessicaparnell » Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:34 am

I call my husband “The fun patrol.â€
Jessica L. Parnell:
Bridgeway Homeschool Academy:

Postby Mark » Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:06 pm

8) 8) 8) 8)

Postby momo3boys » Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:04 pm

Thank you, I sometimes think that my Dh could do so much more, but he does so much of that list already, I think I need to go give him a big hug!! :)

If I"m busy and he can't see the laundry room floor, he do laundry until he can. I love the man!
Phi 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

Postby SecondGenHS » Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:05 am

Ha ha that's funny. My dad did some cool building stuff with us but we DREADED him doing any of our lessons. He was a drill seargent and didn't 'do them like mom does them'. Especially the spelling tests :)
~ Elizabeth ~
Second generation home educator!

Postby Glottis » Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:44 pm

i totally agree with you... i know a couple that takes turns with teaching their kids... mommy handles the math, science, etc. lessons, and daddy is in charge with taking the kids outside the house to do fun stuff, so as to develop the children's social skills...

Postby douglisa » Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:49 pm

I wish my husband could be more involved but he works sun up to sun down for an excavating company. When he gets home he showers, eats, then sleeps. We look forward to lay off so we can see him more.

homeschooling dads are just commendable

Postby judyh » Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:29 pm

I think homeschooling dads are simply great to have! A lot of dads i know are too busy to make time for their kids. Last week, my friend told me that her husband has been spending too much time on his computer (on facebook to be exact) . She then asked him to spend time with the kids or do some reading with them. The next thing she went to the room and saw her kid sitting his lap and spending time on facebook together! Perhaps its not a 'natural' thing for husbands to be involve in homeschool activities. To those who does, i can only say well done :)

Enjoying homebound education and homeschool curriculum with my 4 year old dd
Attending Parenting Classes helps me as a homeschool mum

Return to “Homeschool Parents / Off-Topic”