Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BookIt!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Homeschool Parents / Off-Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ceres
User

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 8:44 am    Post subject: BookIt! Reply with quote

This is a reading program in conjunction with Pizza Hut. I am passing it along because they allow homeschoolers to enroll and participate. It makes sense to support those who support us.

http://www.bookitprogram.com/enrollment/individual_hs.asp

There is also a summer reading program that looks like fun:

http://www.bookitprogram.com/parents/brainfood.asp

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~ Aristotle
4given
User

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for sharing! We have participated in the one for the school year. I did not realize there was one designed for summer reading.
Emerging Dad
User

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That program is still around? I ate a lot of pizza through it.

Semper Reformanda!
Miss_Kristy
User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the link! My DD is excited about this. Very Happy
gardening momma
User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know if Pizza Hut is flexible on the date/age requirement? For example, my daughter's birthday falls one month past Ohio's date for starting school (age 5 by Sept. 30), but she'll be starting kindergarten here at home that fall anyway.

Another example would be if you live in a state that has a later cut-off date, such as Michigan with their Dec. 1 cut-off. Pizza Hut says age 5 by September to participate in Book-It.
Ceres
User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gardening momma wrote:
Does anyone know if Pizza Hut is flexible on the date/age requirement? For example, my daughter's birthday falls one month past Ohio's date for starting school (age 5 by Sept. 30), but she'll be starting kindergarten here at home that fall anyway.

Another example would be if you live in a state that has a later cut-off date, such as Michigan with their Dec. 1 cut-off. Pizza Hut says age 5 by September to participate in Book-It.

Not sure. Unless they ask for child's DOB on the enrollment forms or something such as that.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~ Aristotle
chris629
User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for this info! We will be starting K curriculum with my son who will be 5 in Aug so I just figured he would be considered K this yr anyway.
Abbi-b12/05 d 4/08/07
Glottis
User

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh i read about this months ago, and i just think that it's wonderful that pizza hut is concerned about getting the children to love reading! the reading program is on a worldwide scale right? but them allowing homeschoolers to participate just happened recently?

fyi... the second link does not work...
gardening momma
User

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glottis wrote:
oh i read about this months ago, and i just think that it's wonderful that pizza hut is concerned about getting the children to love reading! the reading program is on a worldwide scale right? but them allowing homeschoolers to participate just happened recently?

fyi... the second link does not work...

My younger brother did Book It when he was in elementary school. (That was in the late 80's. So it's been around for a while). I think I remember reading on Book It's site the year the program started--it would have been just about the time that I became to old to qualify.

And the second link was to the summer reading program, which is probably over now. Next spring look it up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Homeschool Parents / Off-Topic All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: