Homeschooling in Morocco

If you are homeschooling outside the US, or doing a lot of moving between military bases, share your stories, questions, and tips here!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

stayaa
User

Homeschooling in Morocco

Postby stayaa » Mon May 12, 2008 12:47 pm

mamacumlaude
User

Homeschooling in Morocco

Postby mamacumlaude » Fri May 16, 2008 6:10 am

wjmj
User

Postby wjmj » Thu May 22, 2008 10:39 am

Hi,
We are from South Africa, living about an hour from Rabat and I homeschool my 3 children (8,6,3).
I have not come across anyone else that homeschools here!
you are welcome to contact me for any info.
Wendy

mamacumlaude
User

Thanks for your reply Wendy

Postby mamacumlaude » Thu May 22, 2008 11:45 am

We are presently shopping for a small farm in your area in order to pursue our homesteading activities. Benslimane seems to offer a suitable micro-climate suitable for a suistainable farm. We plan to be there after Ramadan. Have you encountered any problems with the authorities regarding homeschooling? Do you know if there is any law prohibiting homeschooling such as is the case in Spain? Have you enquired around to have private tutoring or to register your kids in part-time programs?

wjmj
User

Postby wjmj » Sat May 24, 2008 6:29 am

I have not had any difficulty with the authorities. We live in a rural area and other than one or two people asking why the kids werent in school nothing. I have not investigated it to much either.
I use a combination of a british phonics system, an online system (time4learning) and some american and south african products. A big problem is getting books brought in as the courier is very expensive and very slow. I have just found out there is an English bookshop in Rabat but have not yet been to investigate.
I tried to get info re activities from the American School but have had no reply. I have found a few things in Rabat to do. I do think Morocco is such a wonderful learning environment for them with so much to see and do!
You are welcome to contact me on my e-mail:wendyt67 @ yahoo.com for any further info.
How old are your kids?

keltoum
User

Rabat Morocco

Postby keltoum » Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:19 pm

Laila Martah
User

So glad to hear....

Postby Laila Martah » Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:15 am

moroccanmama
User

Considering homeschooling

Postby moroccanmama » Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:13 pm

Hi, we currently live in Canada and we are contemplating homeschooling our kids. However, we are not sure if we can still continue homeschooling in the event that we go back to Morocco, which could happen in the next 3-5 years. Does anyone know about the legality of homeschooling in Morocco?

Return to “Homeschooling Overseas / Military Homeschooling”