Patrick Henry College

Find out how to handle homeschooling through high school and college prep!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

Mary Sue
User

Patrick Henry College

Postby Mary Sue » Thu May 25, 2006 10:33 pm

Theodore

Some info about Patrick Henry:

Postby Theodore » Fri May 26, 2006 10:41 pm

My sister has spent a couple years there (plus this year working at home with projects on the side), and finds the students intelligent, the teachers highly qualified, and the work comprehensive. Something like a third or a fourth of the student body tries for student senate positions, if that tells you anything :) It's an excellent place to go for any sort of government or liberal arts degree. Patrick Henry's debate team regularly wins national debate tournaments.

On the down side, Patrick Henry doesn't really have a high-level math department, so it's not the place to go for any sort of mathematics, engineering, or other math-related degrees.

I'll see if I can get my sister on here in a bit to post more specific information.

Mary Sue
User

Postby Mary Sue » Sat May 27, 2006 12:31 am

Thank you, Theodore! I thought that I saw your sister's picture in one of the college's publications, which is why I came to you with my question.

I am aware of the fact that PHC does not offer an engineering or even a math major.

I am generally interested in people's experiences with PHC and since I have been looking into it, I have become aware of a major problem which has resulted in the loss of five professors (PHC only has about 15 full time professors, I think). I would like any information about this that people can offer.

Thank you again!

Theodore

Why the professors left Patrick Henry:

Postby Theodore » Sat May 27, 2006 2:27 am

I'm going to refrain from commenting on this, so as to not start a long debate, but here's some articles on what happened:

Christianity Today
Leeseburg Today
Washington Post

Or you can Google for more articles.

Return to “High School / College Prep”