Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

home schooling senior year only

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> High School / College Prep
View previous topic :: View next topic  
simplejoy1
User

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:54 am    Post subject: home schooling senior year only Reply with quote

My daughter wants to graduate early she has all her core classes plus 3 ap classes 1 online class. her senior year will be a blow off so She wants to finish her senior year over the summer home schooling. I just don't know what she will study she is taking 2 college classes as well i haven't ben able to fine any help in accomplish this
Theodore

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends, what subjects does she have left to do? What area is she least skilled in? Are community college summer courses an option?
simplejoy1
User

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She has 3 english credits 1 is Ap lit she has 3 math credits 1 is Trig/ Pre Calc
in science; bio, Chem, Phisics, Ap Chem, In Soc Gov, Eco, Phsy, Us Hist ,Geography, She had 2yr art Health and PE. Web pg design and Applied Tech a total of 25 credit hrs the only thing she is required to take from our school is electives which she will need 5 credits our school requires 30 she is also taking 6 college credits from the university she wants to attend
elliemaejune
User

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

simplejoy1 wrote:
She has 3 english credits 1 is Ap lit she has 3 math credits 1 is Trig/ Pre Calc
in science; bio, Chem, Phisics, Ap Chem, In Soc Gov, Eco, Phsy, Us Hist ,Geography, She had 2yr art Health and PE. Web pg design and Applied Tech a total of 25 credit hrs the only thing she is required to take from our school is electives which she will need 5 credits our school requires 30 she is also taking 6 college credits from the university she wants to attend

Sounds as if she has plenty of credits. If she were mine, I would bring her home, graduate her ASAP, and let her move on.
Caretaker of 2 dear kitties, 1 French bulldog, 1 dachsund, and 3 budgies
simplejoy1
User

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats my question How do i do that
StellarStory
User

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Electives are all she has left?

What does she do?

Does she play guitar or a sport? Those are electives.

Does she baby sit or work? Those are electives.

Electives shouldn't be this difficult thing. For the most part, they should come from what she is already doing.

Sit down with her and do some brainstorming.
Theodore

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep. There are all sorts of things that can be applied to electives. Have you looked into portfolio review? A portfolio of work and/or a written narrative proving you know a certain subject can be put together in just a few days, it's a good way to get college credit for real-life experience or things you already know. I used portfolio review for several of my computer electives and a humanities elective.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> High School / College Prep All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: