Geometry suggestions needed.

Everything from basic math up through high school!

Moderators: Bob Hazen, Theodore, elliemaejune

Geometry suggestions needed.

Postby isamama » Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:37 pm

My dd is finishing up Beginning Algebra and will need a geometry curriculum soon. She will be doing math year-round til graduation ( two years).

I didn't like Discovering Geometry, which my ds used. What about Lial's Geometry? Teaching Textbook? We need a non cluttered clearly explained curriculum, something that is ADD friendly. I am open to suggestions, but I do want it to be complete, including proofs. We can always skip proofs if dd goes into shock at the sight of them, but I want the option available.

I not only use all the brains I have, but all I can borrow. - Woodrow Wilson.

Postby StellarStory » Thu May 03, 2007 7:58 am

We haven't used it yet but I hear teaching textbooks is great. We haven't tried it because my kids like Math U See more than any other math curriculum we've tried and want to keep using it. My daughter used it for geometry this year and did well with it.

Postby Isikole » Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:04 pm

We're using Teaching Textbooks for Geometry this year, and used it for Algebra I last year.

We love the program and it's very easy to understand and the lessons are fun. I like the fact that you can go over the problems and solutions on the computer so that you can be sure your child "gets it."

I recommend the program wholeheartedly.................

Postby hslingmom » Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:47 am

We are going to start with hands on geometry from rightstart, then later on we are going to use video text geometry, or math - u- see geometry.

Postby mark_egp » Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:50 am

We use Saxon Algebra 1 and 2, which blends in Geometry rather than having a separate book.
Mark - Homeschool ideas Classic Book lists easy to search/sort for history, literature, and reading lesson plans

Return to “Math”