Best math for kindergarten?

Everything from basic math up through high school!

Moderators: Bob Hazen, Theodore, elliemaejune

springmama
User

Best math for kindergarten?

Postby springmama » Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:18 am

Kathy, mom to 4 amazing kids!

momo3boys
User

Postby momo3boys » Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:26 pm

Phi 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

Joyce TN
User

Postby Joyce TN » Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:02 am

I feel that even using the work books found in the stores or printing pages from the computer would work just fine at this time. If you really want to go with an actual curriculum there are homeschool conventions that take place each year, I would suggest you look into this. atozhomeschool has a list by state. I used A Beka.
Peace, <><
Joyce

Jazzy
User

Postby Jazzy » Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:08 am

Hi springmama, I have been wanting to get back to this thread to give you some advice, but I just now found the time.

Without knowing your child, it would be difficult to recommend a specific program. When choosing a program, you need to consider your child's learning style. If he is a hands on learner you will want to use something that frequently uses manipulatives. If he is more of a visual learner, you may want something colorful or if he is distracted by color and drawings, you may want something more plain.

We used Abeka for my son's K year and it worked out great. But there are MANY great programs available on the market.

I've also heard good things about Miquon, Singapore, Horizons, Saxon, and Math U See.

You can find reviews of them here: http://www.homeschoolreviews.com/review ... aspx?id=93

hslingmom
User

Postby hslingmom » Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:45 am

Personally I love RIghtstart math. I love the way her approach to teaching children math. My children also love it. We all like the fact that it is not a whole lot of writing and workbook. Instead it is manipulative's, games, and all of that. Love it!
joanna

Shari Nielsen
User

Postby Shari Nielsen » Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:36 am

Free Report! Start your own online tutoring business & earn $25 -$75/hour from home. Get your free report at http://www.TutorFi.com/freereport.asp

Return to “Math”