Bob Jones DVD program

Discuss the pros and cons of various curriculums, or get help on which to choose!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

Carmen
User

Bob Jones DVD program

Postby Carmen » Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:37 pm

ktombley
User

Postby ktombley » Mon May 15, 2006 8:32 pm

Carmen,

We love BJU dvd's(we use Homesat) for the high school years. It has really given our children alot of prep for college. They are very thorough but my kids have enjoyed if for the most part. I believe you can get a sample of the classes if you contact BJU. Feel free to contact me if you would like more info.

Blessings.
Kathy, wife to Ken for 21 years and mom to 9 blessings 6-almost 18

ccmmum
User

Postby ccmmum » Mon May 15, 2006 10:33 pm

I'm also thinking about ordering these for high school (currently doing 7th). What is the time factor involved in watching the DVDs? Would my daughter be sitting in front of the TV for hours every day? I was just wondering what the balance was between watching dvds and reading the books.
Thanks for any information!

ktombley
User

Postby ktombley » Mon May 15, 2006 11:08 pm

Kathy, wife to Ken for 21 years and mom to 9 blessings 6-almost 18

margaret7
User

DVDs vs. HomeSat?

Postby margaret7 » Thu May 18, 2006 9:28 pm

I am familiar with BJUP HomeSat, and concluded I'd never be able to keep up with the taping schedule. Do they offer a DVD option? This would be attractive to me. Tell me more!

Thanks,
margaret7

Carmen
User

Bob Jones DVD

Postby Carmen » Fri May 19, 2006 4:55 am

Hi Margaret -

Yes BJ does offer the DVD program now. You can check it out on their website at www.bjupress.com

Blessings,
Carmen

ccmmum
User

Postby ccmmum » Sat May 20, 2006 5:43 am

Do you know if the DVD program is accredited? Will they issue a diploma at the end of high school if you were to use them for 9th-12th?

Carmen
User

Postby Carmen » Sat May 20, 2006 5:53 am

Here is info about your question. BJ will issue transcripts & diploma but it costs a little extra.

http://www.bjupress.com/services/ahe/hi ... erview.htm

cccmkr
User

I used HomeSat for 4th and K-4

Postby cccmkr » Sun Jun 04, 2006 12:57 am

I used it this year... I really enjoyed the security of knowing they were getting so much good info. The math was great for my older daughter.
She also developed greatly in her writing ability this year. As for my 4 year old she is almost reading. So it is a great program!!!!

My only complaints are that I found I was having to do a lot of prep work for my K-4 and my 4th grade Reading. I had a baby this year and it ended up being less mom friendly than I hoped for, especially with my 4 year old. (lots of big hands on projects... like making indian dye out of blueberries) I also felt that my 4th grader was spending to much time in front of the TV. Since she was doing the full curriculum, she was there sometimes up to 6 - 7 hours. (Between all the pause it now stuff.) We also enjoy traveling.... and even with our portable DVD player... I found it wasn't the best for traveling.

I was hoping to lighten my load for the year and found myself working harder on some days. We are going back to LifePac next year.

I have heard great things about it for the HS levels though!

-Chawna
I love my job --> Devoted wife, proud mommy of 3 AMAZING daughters, and Christian by Faith alone!!!!

Vrindavan
User

Postby Vrindavan » Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:57 am

Please update more
DVDs just on lease term ? has to return back ?

Return to “Curriculum Discussion”