Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Online HS question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> High School / College Prep
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SweetDesiir3z
User

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 6:44 pm    Post subject: Online HS question Reply with quote

Is anyone familiar with either Keystone National Highschool http://www.keystonehighschool.com/ , or James Madison Highschool http://www.jmhs.com/ ?? Both are online curiculam programs wich I am caught in between. My mom is fine with both but I don't know wich one to choose. So if you have experience or feedback, both positive or negative with eaither program please share. Thankyou in advance.
amanda
User

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:15 pm    Post subject: Morningstar online academy Reply with quote

Hey, I'm sorry to say I'm not familiar with either of those Sad I would like to really find a program so I can get my diploma.. Has anyone tried Morningstar Online Academy.. The price is only like 600 something for the whole year if you enroll before June 30... I did "The Jubilee Academy" for 10th grade, it was alright.. but Morningstar Academy says it is Accredited and will give you a diploma and has full service teachers to tutor students...
Saiyu
User

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 12:41 am    Post subject: Keystone National Highschool Reply with quote

I am a tenth grader has been taking classes with Keystone National Highschool for the past year. I very much like how the information is presented in a clear, concise manner, though I could not give an equal comparison to the other school as I have never heard of it.
Theodore

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 12:41 pm    Post subject: Opinion on Keystone by Andy Morkes, our college expert: Reply with quote

Incidently, this was written by our college expert Andy Morkes in our old forum:

Quote:
While I offer no personal endorsement of Keystone National High School (KNHS), one of the key issues you need to consider when contemplating any distance learning program is accreditation. According to its website, KNHS is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of the Distance Education and Training Council, the Commission on Schools and Colleges of the Northwest Association of Accredited Schools, and the National Collegiate Athletic Association (as well as licensed by the Pennsylvania State Board of Private Licensed Schools and authorized by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania). The fact that these are highly respected accrediting organizations should assist you in making an informed decision. I suggest that you contact these accrediting bodies for more information on the school, as well as contact KNHS directly with your questions.

RJ
User

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't say anything about JMHS as I have not dealt with them. I've enrolled my daughter in several courses from Keystone. Chemistry was easy, definitely the liberal arts version, without requiring math. The math curriculum looks challenging and traditional, with courses up through calculus. The English and history courses are very heavy on writing, requiring many essays (2 - 5 three to five paragraph essays on each exam), journals, and/or papers. They offer several foreign languages and computer programing/graphics courses. It is a college prep program and has community activities such as discussion boards, school clubs, student written online newsletter, and honor society. The courses are expensive; however, and there is no single year or four year tuition option as with some of the other correspondence schools. Currently: Online iSchool (honors courses are only available online): $379.00 USD per full-credit course, plus shipping & handling, $279.00 USD per half-credit course, or Correspondence: $279.00 USD per full-credit course, plus s & h, $209.00 USD per half-credit course, plus s & h.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> High School / College Prep All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: