Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

fundraiser?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Homeschool Parents / Off-Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
betterley
User

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:06 pm    Post subject: fundraiser? Reply with quote

Has anyone tried doing a fundraiser? I was looking around and was thinking it would be great to help pay for school books, fieldtrips, ect for my kids but I'm not sure if a single family can do it. Has anyone ever done it and how did it go? Thanks.
Carol
zomiglady
User

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have not done one yet, but I would recommend Reach for the Stars from Usborne Books. (I feel I must admit I am an Usborne consultant so I am biased...) If you can get a few other families to do it together it would be even better because you could encourage each other. But it is totally win-win. Your children read for 30 or minutes each day for two weeks. They get people to sponsor them in the read-a-thon. They get 70% of the money to invest in Usborne books (a total win for a homeschooling family) and you get the other 30% cash! Anyone who wants more information (I don't want to turn this into a huge advertisement...) please email me at usbornebooks4you@gmail.com
betterley
User

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to the Usborne site and the program sounds good but it seems to be more for younger age children. My kids are 6th and 7th grade so I don't think this would help but thank you anyways.
zomiglady
User

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

betterley wrote:
I went to the Usborne site and the program sounds good but it seems to be more for younger age children. My kids are 6th and 7th grade so I don't think this would help but thank you anyways.

Gosh we do this in public Middle schools all the time... I certainly would not see why you could not do it with a 6th or 7th grader. (I'll have to take a better look at what we publicize on our web site to see how they are gearing this...) We do have books on those levels as well. (We have a whole surviving middle school set...) but if you don't feel this would work with your specific children, obviously you know them better than me and I would never say anything is "one size fits all" Very Happy
betterley
User

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe I just missed the middle school stuff. I did look kind of fast because I was pressed for time. If you find the middle school books can you e-mail me with it or post it here. Thank you so much. Books would really help out a lot.
Carol
Glottis
User

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

try getting some fund raising ideas from this site, i bookmarked this a couple of months back...

www.easy-fundraising-ideas.com

hope it helps carol... Very Happy
ncmom
User

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we did a car wash and had a multi-family yard sale. A bunch of HS families did these together to pay for our field trips.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Homeschool Parents / Off-Topic All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: