a very different 'getting started' problem

Having problems figuring out where to start? Let other homeschoolers offer you some advice!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

a very different 'getting started' problem

Postby Learn » Mon May 01, 2006 11:18 pm

I didn't see any other forums out there that I could post this topic, but I figured this was the best.

I don't have any children. I'm not married. I'm not engaged. I'm not even seeing anyone currently.

But I am looking for a woman and am open to married and I do want children. I am also convinced - increasingly so the more I learn - that independant education is the best way to raise your children, and raising children is the most important thing I or my wife will ever do in our lives.

The problem is that all of the single girls that supposidly want to get married and are interested in home schooling - even before I screen out for a religious/ideological match (Catholic / Capitalist) - don't seem to exist.

I should also clearify - I personally expect to be responsible for most of the educating. I have a flexible scheduele and would set up the instruction times for early mornings.

Unfortunately, not only do I not find any women disposed to this, I find most women to be hostile to the idea (ignorance about the importance of 'socialization' that is somehow achieved by putting their children in a state-run warehouse at the age of five. )

At one point I was dating a woman and we were quiet serious. I spoke to her about this at length and she actually seemed to agree with me on it and was looking forward to the idea of it. Unfortunatly, we did not make it as a couple.

My question - where are the pre-disposed women?

Postby Tabz » Tue May 02, 2006 9:28 am

Well, I'm one of them. I'm currently single.... but not actively searching for a husband (my faith and lifestyle makes the potential pool of canaditates small)..... but they're out there.

Return to “Getting Started”