Website for Homeschooling families who have a home business

Share everyday things like field trips, homeschooling experiences, or just anything that doesn't seem to belong elsewhere!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

dtcb
User

Website for Homeschooling families who have a home business

Postby dtcb » Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:52 pm

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to let you know about an internet community for families like us. I work at home and homeschool my daughter. I've created a website that covers all sorts of issues, ideas, concerns, etc...related to multi-multi-tasking at home. Please come visit. There is a place to comment after each of the topic posts. Please do so and we'll start having a conversation. If there are topics you'd like to see covered, please let me know either here or through a comment on the site.

I've had multiple careers, beginning as an Early Childhood Educator working with children who have special needs. Following that I became a Clinical Social Worker with an emphasis in my practice on children and families. I have also trained as a management consultant and an executive business coach. Presently I have two network marketing companies that I am involved with and am learning a great deal about internet marketing and how to make friends with google. I have a 5 year old daughter and have coordinated a co-op playgroup for her since she was two. This group has now developed into a co-op learning group with other 5 year olds, one day per week.

Looking forward to seeing your input on the website,

Mathmom
User

Postby Mathmom » Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:34 pm

Hello,
My name is Kim. This is a homeschool community. So, would you like to join us here? We'd like to get to know you without logging on to another website. Welcome to the forum.
If you have any math questions or stats on anything interesting, I'm listening :)
Thanks.

dtcb
User

Postby dtcb » Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:04 pm

I have joined this community and am very excited about it. I have been reading posts in different areas of the forum for awhile. My understanding was that this section was for anything off-topic. Since no other area of the forum focused on homeschooling AND working at home at the same time, I thought people might find the link to my website helpful and interesting. Thank you for replying. I'm looking forward to spending more time on the various forums now that I've finally registered.

Mathmom
User

Postby Mathmom » Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:39 pm

Okay, I see that you have the specific group of homeschool families with home businesses. It looks very interesting.Welcome to the forum, Deborah.
How long have you been doing both home business and home school together?

dtcb
User

Postby dtcb » Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:44 pm

Thanks Kim,
I have worked at home for 15 years, primarily as a social worker seeing clients in my home office. My daughter is 5 1/2. I've known I was going to homeschool my child since I taught in a public school 20 years ago. After taking some time completely off after she was born, I've gone back to work focusing on network marketing as a profession. I also still see clients and offer a parenting curriculum in person and long-distance.

My homeschool philosophy is an eclectic mix of unschooling, Waldorf and some Montessori. Since my daughter is only 5 1/2 and I'm very developmental in my thinking, we spend most of our time doing a what we did last year and the year before, only at a 5 year old level...lots of play, imagination, crafts, art, music, stories and poetry..and of course lots of nature (we live in the mountains of Colorado at 9000 feet above sea level).

I'm glad that I found this forum as my town is tiny with only a very small handful of homeschooling families.

Return to “Homeschool Parents / Off-Topic”