Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone supplement with MUS?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
daisy
User

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:14 pm    Post subject: Anyone supplement with MUS? Reply with quote

I plan on using ABeka math in the fall but would love to supplement with MUS. I don't want to confuse my 6 year old DD though. She'll be in 2nd grade Abeka and we're looking at Beta MUS. Any thoughts?
momo3boys
User

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 6:54 pm    Post subject: TOS Reply with quote

In the new "The Old Schoolhouse" magazine there is a wonderful article about Math-U-See. It is worth checking out.
Phi 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.
Bob Hazen

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:46 am    Post subject: supplementing Reply with quote

I think available time is going to be more of a pressing issue than is confusion on your daughter's part. Doing two different approaches to math is comparable, IMHO, to growing up with exposure to more than one language at the same time - as the saying goes, language acquisition is so difficult that only a child can do it (!), as we've all heard of people growing up in households where they became fluent in 2-5 languages by the age of 7, simply because they were exposed to them all on a regular basis.

Available time is going to be more of an issue, I think - just finding the time to do both (or even to alternate or something similar). I think both you and your daughter will begin to discern and discriiminate on which program does a better job on certain topics, too.

Hope this helps.

Bob Hazen
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Math All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: