Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Prepare Winter Wear

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Home Economics with Regina Hogsten
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Regina Hogsten

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:24 pm    Post subject: Prepare Winter Wear Reply with quote

If you haven't thought about it, get your kids, teens, and selves ready for cold weather, if it applies. The kids have probably outgrown last year's outdoor winter wear. Hand down coats, boots, snow pants, and whatever other gear and get some that fits. Check out Good Will, Am Vets, and other thrift stores for boots and snow pants. If you start a little early, you'll have choices. Keep an eye out for sales. When it's cold and it snows you'll be ready and happy with yourself for being prepared. And don't forget about yourself.
dawnr1101
User

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live in MD also and trust me it's getting cold so the winter gear needs to come out now...scary all the stores have Christmas items out now...I'm not ready for this yet Smile
Regina Hogsten

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've enjoyed the warm weather so late in October. It's nice having all the pots on the deck with flowers in November. I am going to bring them in tomorrow. They didn't get damaged by the frost since they are close to the house.
Can you believe how long Lowe's has had the Christmas decorations on display? I am still trying to clean up some of the gardens and now its not too long we'll have to decorate. I am a bit of a grinch. I need to work on my attitude.
I have been waiting for it to get cooler, cause I need to clean out the attic. My kids throw stuff up there blockading access to the rest of the attic. Today, my husband attempted to organize it and in an instant was in a rotten mood. He made one dump-run. We'll finish it another day.
Theodore

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had frost yesterday morning. Getting a mite chilly over here.
dawnr1101
User

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They say that we will have flurries this week...yuck!
Theodore

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, flurries are just plain pointless. There should either be no snow or at least 3 inches - anything less isn't much use for sledding on.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Home Economics with Regina Hogsten All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: